Help connecting Thirdreality Contact Sensor to ST hubs

I just got a third reality door/contact sensor and am trying to connect it to my ST hub.

I thought I installed the drivers but when I scan the QR code it says device not supported and when I scan for devices nothing is found.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Scan nearby should have picked it up. If you don’t have the correct driver installed it will be a ZigBee Thing. So try resetting it and run scan nearby again. Also try pairing it near your hub.

Also you might want to try the “ZigBee Contact Mc” driver.

Thanks. I see you saw my reply in the other thread as well. Figure try to consolidate here.

So to make sure I am doing all of this right.

To add the new device:

1. Open ST
  2. hit the +
  3. Add Device
  4. on ThirdReality sensor long press the button by the batteries until I get a flashing blue light
  5. On ST hub hit scan for nearby devices.

The only thing I am unsure of is the Zigbee Contact MC driver. Where do I get this?

https://api.smartthings.com/invitation-web/accept?id=6b68563b-1905-4654-8d2b-e677a2997424

Thanks.
No luck.
I am totally lost unless there is something wrong with the sensor itself.

Check out this thread

Third Reality Edge Driver Channel:

Third Reality provided me with the following link and accept the “Third Reality” Channel Invitation: Samsung account

This Channel Invitation contains the following Third Reality drivers:

• Zigbee Window Treatment

• Zigbee Button

• Zigbee Switch

• Zigbee Contact

• ThirdReality Humidity Sensor

Third Reality Edge Driver Channel:

Third Reality provided me with the following link and accept the “Third Reality” Channel Invitation: Samsung account

This Channel Invitation contains the following Third Reality drivers:

• Zigbee Window Treatment

• Zigbee Button

• Zigbee Switch

• Zigbee Contact

• Third Reality Humidity Sensor

Thanks for the reply.

I have that one installed, but when I go to find devices it is still not being discovered.

Do I need to somehow pick that driver to make it find the device?

I do not know what I did, but it finally found it.

I did reset the ST hub so maybe that helped.

Thanks all.

2 Likes

If the device is installed you can try to assign the appropriate driver. Click on devices tile. Click on the three dots (menu) upper right. Click on “Driver”. Click on “Select different driver” and assign the “Zigbee Contact” driver from the “Third Reality Channel”.

You don’t need a driver to find a device. You only need the driver to make it work once discovered.

So your problem is strictly discovery.

Thanks I will try that. I am just happy I finally got it discovered.

1 Like