Help Aeotec Heavy Duty Switch with ST hub

I installed an Aeotec SMART heavy duty switch ZW078-A Gen5 to to control my pool pump.
It was hard to get it to paired but it finally did.
It operates on and off with the switch and app and schedule operates just fine. But for some reason there is no power or consumption kWh showing., both show 0 while pump is running.
History shows 0 on consumption as well.
ST Hub v2 STH-ETH-250
Aeotec Mod. ZW078-A

I don’t know anything about the device, but there are several discussions about pairing issues, in general, relating to it.

Not that it relates specifically to your issue, but the idea that it may not pair properly when it otherwise seems as if it did is described in this one:

I found the solution on another forum for the not showing power.
It was a wiring issue when connecting on a 120v load device.
The connection for 120v load goes as follows.

L1-Neutral
L2-120v
G-Grnd
On both in(supply) and out (load).

1 Like

Nice. Glad you figured it out, I’m sure that info will help others that encounter the same problem.

Hey there, can you share with me how you paired the Aeotec heavy duty switch with smartthings? I installed one today and seems there is no way to pair it. No option of the switch model in smartthings, no QR code on the product, no button on the product?

You are responding to a thread which is about three years old, so the posters were using the old architecture and they won’t have paired it in the same way as you do in 2024. And if they already had it working, it would have automatically converted when SmartThings switch to its new architecture in early 2023.

For one thing, you will need to get the custom edge driver from the Aeotec channel:

In this particular case, because the Aeotec heavy duty switch has some additional weatherproofing (it’s popular for swimming, pool pumps, for example), the “action button“ which is used in pairing is inside the case. You have to unscrew the case to get to it.

The instructions are in the user manual. “Inclusion” is the same as pairing.

Aeotec tech support should be able to help if you have any further issues.

1 Like

I am pretty sure I went to normal add device.
On iPhone open ST, click + top right.
Then upper right again, click 3 dots.
Choose Aeotec. Can’t remember what device ended up being the switch, but I think it was under outlets.
Also I have a couple of the Ameritech range extenders, but I am not sure if it was necessary for it to work with ST. Both devices are in the garage, as I needed the extender in the detached garage for other devices as well, they pair to SM and I thing bring Zwave device connectivity to it.
Least I think that was the case.
One other not is, I had to wire it a little different for my purpose as I wanted to double the relay rating for a pool pump,
30amp SP instead of 220v.
There is a link for the wiring I’ll try to track down and send.

1 Like