Aeon Labs ZW078-A, Z-Wave Heavy Duty Smart Energy Appliance Switch

(Joseph Riccio) #1

Just installed this switch on my water heater and it’s working fine. However, it’s not reporting energy usage on my v2 hub. Is there anything else I need to install to be able to view the energy usage?

What device handler is it using? Sometimes I’ve found the Aeons (D6106 and micro G2’s) to be difficult to pair properly to get energy working right. Usually I’ve done a factory reset and then rejoining makes them work as expected.

If you tap on Refresh does energy values update?

(Joseph Riccio) #3

I didn’t install any device handler. Is there one a should be using? The app doesn’t show any energy values at all. There isn’t even a section for energy usage on the app page.

(Joseph Riccio) #4

I didn’t install any device handler. Is there one a should be using? The app doesn’t show any energy values at all. There isn’t even a section for energy usage on the app page.

Try using this one:

I have one for the Aeon regular smart switch that may work since the parameters are the same, but it may need tweaking for your device:

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/constjs/jcdevhandlers/master/devicetypes/jscgs350/my-aeon-metering-switch.src/my-aeon-metering-switch.groovy

(Greg DePasse) #6

@jriccio How did you get this to pair? I have a v2 hub and a ZW078-A and when I look for devices and press the action button on the HDSS, nothing shows up. I was able to get 2 of the 3 HDSS (it’s for de-icing around a dock) to show up at one point, but there wasn’t any on/off control (I could see watts used though). And did the device handlers work for you?

(douglaspitman@me.com) #7

I’m having trouble getting this to work. I’m wondering if I’m not getting the device into discovery mode. I push the button till it flashes rapidly. can someone point me to a more basic step by step?