Guide me!, add new device Single Switch 2 FIBARO

I just bought a new device(Single Switch 2 FIBARO SYSTEM FGS 213 ZW5 V3.2) , can you help me add to Smartthings Hub

Thanks very much.

Tagging @anon36505037 , he is an expert on these. :sunglasses:

I did.
This is a great community.

Thanks @anon36505037 @JDRoberts and all!

1 Like

But has a message when control

Thank you. Great

2 Likes

Kindly, i’ve tried to add the Fibaro to ST but no Sucess, tried the triple click on B switch, as for Clicking the S1, it’s not even active, it isn’t toggling the on off of the lamp connected. by the way i’m using the 2 way switching mode using the momentary wire diagram

tacking in consideration that the ST was around 50 cm from the wall switch

any LED indication? no status changes, LED blink RED when AC power is connected,
the B button toggle the load on and off, so i relay is working, but can’t pair it with ST

please advice,

1 Like

@anon36505037

Hi Robin,

I’ve suddenly run in to problems with one of my Fibaro FGS-213 Single Switches. It stopped working in both the SmartThings App and in ActionTiles. I was using the Fibaro Single Switch 2 ZW5 Device Handler. It worked for about a year without a problem, and then suddenly stopped turning off or on in the app, and trying to change a parameter and resynching results in failure.

I then removed the device using the IDE, and triple clicked the switch to add the device to SmartThings. It added, but I still had the same problem of it not working in the app.

I sense it has to do with not pairing securely within SmartThings. I remember you helped me with the Fibaro Dimmer by eliminating lines in the Device Handler that no longer required Secure Pairing.

Is this possible with the Single Switch too? I find trying to pair securely is not easy with my set up, even when I move the SmartThings hub close to the module, as I have many modules close together. So would prefer not to have to rely on Secure pairing.

Thanks!
David.

1 Like

Update: I gave it a try at moving the SmartThings hub much closer to the Fibaro module. Even though there are around 10 Fibaro modules in close proximity in that room, secure inclusion worked, and I can once again turn the switch on and off in the app. So all good!

1 Like

Well, that led to a disaster all of my own making. When I replugged the hub in, I accidentally used another power cord that fitted the SmartThings hub, but wasn’t the native SmartThings Hub power cord. I woke up to the hub no longer showing any sign of life. So I am picking up a new hub today and have to go through the whole process of re-setting every Fibaro module and adding them to the new hub. I am pretty sure this won’t be a seamless experience!

Now I know why I am loathe to do anything more than the minimum to get things working!

Update 8 hours later:
To continue my monologue, in case anyone is listening, I left my SmartThings Hub unplugged for around 8 hours. When I plugged it back in, power was resumed. So it appeared it needed some time out. I had also removed the batteries, which also may have been related. Anyway, it has saved me hours of resetting and adding all my modules to a new SmartThings Hub … for now.

Would be great if there were pre-emptive things that I could do to make transfer to a new hub easier, in case my current hub fails…

1 Like