GoControl WA00Z-1 Edge Driver?

Did you ever find a driver for the WA00Z-1? I haven’t found one yet myself and worried no one has created one yet.

I haven’t.

@Mariano_Colmenarejo - Any chance you can take a look at this device? Let me know if there’s any more info we can provide to help get a driver working. It has 2 buttons, with press (up to 3x) and hold functions on each.

Some technical details are in the Installation Guide

WA00Z-1: GoControl Smart Wireless Light Switch

From my IDE:

Raw Description zw:S type:1801 mfr:014F prod:5343 model:3132 ver:5.09 zwv:4.05 lib:03 cc:5E,86,72,5B,85,59,73,70,80,84,5A,7A ccOut:5B,20

While this is also a batterypowered multi button device, it actually operates differently from the remotec zrc90 model that this thread is about.

The remotec zrc90 is classified as a “controller” and issues “central scene“ commands, specifically a different scene for each press option.

https://products.z-wavealliance.org/products/1526/classes

The GoControl is from an older generation, and is really intended to be used with Z wave association. you have to capture its different association groups in order to get the different button press patterns.

https://products.z-wavealliance.org/products/1529/classes

https://products.z-wavealliance.org/products/1529/assoc?noFilename=True

So I don’t see it as a likely to be added to the edge Driver under discussion in this thread— the code is going to be very different. I would go ahead and put a post in the request thread and see if one of the developers who read that pick it up. :wink:

Post Requests for Zwave Edge Drivers Here (community-created)

1 Like

Hi @paulmike3

Sorry, I don’t think I can implement it and even less without having a device to test it.

It would be better if you post it in driver requests with the same installation file and a link to the DTH you used, in case any developer can do it with this information

2 Likes

Thanks @Mariano_Colmenarejo and @JDRoberts. Didn’t mean to threadjack, just found this device already mentioned in this thread via search so gave it a shot. I’ve posted over in the request thread as well now. :beers:

1 Like

i am also looking to get my 3 gocontrol buttons working again.

@joeyfrigo

@Mariano_Colmenarejo included these devices in his z-wave button driver here → Samsung account

I’ve been using it and other than it going offline in the app after about 10 mins, it works great. Just the nature of z-wave battery devices.

1 Like

ok thank you i managed to install the driver, such an archaic way of doing things,
question where is a list of these peoples channels sharing drivers?

Not sure if there are any lists. I’ve just searched this forum and found the drivers for my devices that way.

We used to have lists in a community created wiki, but the person who was hosting that had to stop, and nobody else has stepped in to take it over.

You can still find lists by device class (so one list for sensors, one list for lighting, one list for remote/buttons, etc.), but it takes a couple of extra steps now.

Here’s the explanation of how to do that. You’re still searching the forum, it’s just a more efficient way to do it.

FAQ: Using the quick browse lists without the community wiki

2 Likes