New here to the Smartthings world, and actually I am loving it. Now that I was able to sort out a few things that were driving me crazy. This community is amazing and very helpful.
I highly recommend WebCoRe.
I purchased a GD00Z-4 GoControl so I could control my garage door opener. Now that I have my system setup, I actually did not need this as I have decided against automating the opening of my garage door. However, the ability to do this remotely is still appealing and for the price you will also get the tilt sensor which is required for other automation.
The issue, like some many others have found is the GoControl will not operate newer garage door openers per the instructions. After a lot of reading and much confusion I finally bit the bullet and tried the “hack”
You will need:
- visor control opener
- minor knowledge of electronics
- some soldering experience.
- opened the visor remote
- located the button that was programmed to trigger the door to open from my car
- soldered the two wires from the GoControl that were SUPPOSED to be attached to the opener itself
- re-installed the GoControl near the garage, attached the power adaptor and placed the “hacked” visor opener beside the GoControl unit.
And just like that it works.
I know this is on other threads but honestly those were confusing so thought I would assist to write up something that confirms this works and that it is not difficult to do.