Go Control siren integration

I have a z-wave go control strobe siren model WA105DBZ-1 and had to wipe my OS on the smarthings hub and can’t get the go control to communicate with the hub…HELP PLEASE !!!

You have to either perform a general exclusion or factory reset the device.

The hub section of the IDE has a Hub Utilities link and you’ll find the general exclusion link in there. After starting the general exclusion you’ll need to perform the exclusion action on the siren which is probably something like pressing the tamper switch 1-3x.

The other option is factory resetting the device and the instructions for doing that are probably in the manual, but I think it’s something like pressing the tamper switch 10x quickly.

I’m not familiar with IDE although some techs have mentioned it. I’m not too techy but will search for the IDE…the Go Control unit says to put the hub in ‘inclusion’ which I know isn’t a feature of the hub…I’m not too techy but Ill give it a shot…Thanks very much for your response

You can also perform a general exclusion from the mobile app, which I would recommend for you since you’ve never used the IDE. The IDE is a great tool for developers and users to use custom code, debugging hub and device issues, and several other things. I think you should still log in to it and see what it’s all about, but use the mobile app to perform general exclusions.

Depend on which SmartThings mobile app you are using (new or Classic app), getting to where General Exclusion is will be a different process.

If using the Classic app:

• Tap on the 3 horizontal bars in the upper left part of the app
  • Tap on the gear icon
  • Scroll down to the Hubs section and tap on your hub
  • Tap on Z-Wave Utilities
  • Tap on General Device Exclusion
  • Perform your device’s exclusion process (usually found in the user manual)

The app will come back and tell you if it was successful. You may have to do this more than once, and/or bring the device close to your hub to exclude it.

If using the new app:

• Find your hub in your list of devices and tap on it to open
  • Tap on the 3 vertical dots in the upper right part of the app
  • Tap on Z-Wave utilities
  • Tap on Z-Wave exclusion
  • Perform your device’s exclusion process (usually found in the user manual)

The app will come back and tell you if it was successful. You may have to do this more than once, and/or bring the device close to your hub to exclude it.

It’s just the SmartThings website:
https://graph.api.smartthings.com/

When you go through the add device process it automatically puts the hub into inclusion mode, but you can’t include a device that thinks it’s connected to a hub.

That’s why you need to remove that connection by performing the general exclusion or factory resetting the device.

I’d actually use https://account.smartthings.com/ to make sure you get pointed to the right area within ST’s grouping of shards a user could have their hubs assigned.

1 Like

That worked perfectly, thanks very much…Samsung kept telling me the go control doesn’t work with the hub anymore since the OS update

Thank you for your response…I may have figured this out, finally

1 Like

I’ve never heard of a hub update deleting all the devices so did you accidentally delete your location or maybe factory reset your hub?

Sounds like that’s what happened from his first post “had to wipe my OS on the smarthings hub”. I’ve seen some really odd things from ST support on telling customers to wipe this or that when it turns out to be something simple. I don’t think they realize (or care) of the significant inconvenience their lack of knowledge and poor support documentation causes to ST customers.

1 Like

Factory reset because the tech couldn’t figure out why my devices were dropping off the hub. That w the recommendation and when it fired up it received an update

That’s why they need to develop a program where we can use the USB port in the back to be able to back up a copy of the program. That’s a pretty basic feature and I find it hard to believe that they didn’t think of including that