Gear S2 app

Coundnt have said it any better, I am no longer investing any of my money into dead end Samsung products. I to am a smartthings Kickstarter backer and was very happy with there product. Since Samsung has acquired them, they have turned into a one-way company. I have come to understand that Samsung has turned into a company that only cares of the money made and not the end result of its product. False promises will make you a lot of money, the only issue is that most normal consumers don’t see how they are being lied to as easily as we do.

Looking forward to the app

I’ve received an update to Gear manager today. Maybe the smartthings app is on the way ?

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy: you’re funny

S3 released

Wonder how many unfulfilled promises will this release bring ha!

Hi Tyler,
I think we have problem samsung hardware is moving miles to fast! The software must catch up!
Samsung is not Apple, if not we all be buying Raspberry pi,'s & coding it ourselves.
Think of the new note? My samsung home tv system cost £5000 I will not be updating it soon. It’s become a race the biggest or smallest
& the fastest. The humble raspberry pi I have 5.
Many thanks
Martin

I bought g2 to control ST plus Raspberry pi needs to be fully compatible with ST if not it will take over.
Thanks again.
Martin

so let me guy… still no smartthings support for the s2… …

I think I called it, s3 announcement before s2 support which was promised at launch.

Also I bet you anything that these software partnerships will no be seen on the s2 even though it’s purely a business thing and not a technical limitation.

“This time around, Samsung paid more attention to building stronger software partnerships. Team-ups with Spotify (for streaming over LTE or WiFi), Nest (for controlling thermostats via the watch), Western Union (for payments) and BMW (for … well, it’s a secret)”

It’s been 11 months…where the f*** is this app? This is absolute bulls***.

2 Likes

I bought the S2 when it first came out because of the nice design and the cool features promised at launch, just like many of you I’m sure.

I’m seething at Samsung right now because there is endless lies and marketing bait to get your money and interest but never deliver on it. The new S3 is announced and they haven’t even gotten close to deliver the functions promised by the S2 launch.

I’m seriously not buying another samsung product until at least the Samsung Pay and Smartthings WORKS on the watch. No more buying on promises!

1 Like

I use TaskS2 app with tasker and for control of my devices from my Gear S2. It doesn’t have an elaborate UI or official support, but it works just fine.

Here’s a video showing more information: https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwj46q2ao57PAhWB_R4KHSLdCsEQtwIIHjAA&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3Ddj0fr_Uk-M8&usg=AFQjCNHZliWXVcU7nmTXwJvk2AtFesvaGQ&sig2=-CDRLMB-_nHOEnJyIErlOQ

Where is the app??? Really Samsung?? Really?

Why you guys don’t just say to us that you are incompetent and can’t make the app?

I’ve long since given up on this app ever seeing the light of day.

I’m quite intrigued to see what kind of fictitious vapourware is used to market the upcoming Gear S3, though.

Do you have any updates on the SmartThings app for the Gear S2? Any progression?

In the immortal words of ‘Bones’ McCoy of Star Trek: ‘It’s dead Jim.’

1 Like

Or in the immortal words of SmartThings is coming ‘in few weeks’

2 Likes

I will never buy another samsung watch, the apps available are terrible and do not compete with anyone. It had nike+ but that has been removed due to the nike+ apple watch. I have bought the amazon echo dot which works with smartthings brilliantly. Don’t need to look at my watch the dot does everything by talking to it. Only £50 I’d highly recommend it