GE/Jasco Z-Wave Dimmer Switch Configuration Memory Resiliency?

Hi all,

TL;DR – The question: How resilient is the configuration memory in the GE/Jasco Z-Wave Dimmer Switch? Does anyone know how many write cycles it is good for? 100’s? 1000’s? Millions? Near-infinite?

The TL part, I ask because–in following up to my earlier question (vide Light Switch Options )–I had the brilliant/stupid stroke of understanding that to get what I want, since the GE switch only has a single set of ramp parameters for physical switch activation, that what I need is a custom device type that will change the physical switch ramp rate after the switch is switched on to slow it down–so the brightness is easily adjustable and has a nice fade-out to off–and then set it back to the faster ramp when the switch is turned off.

I have taken the existing device type and have added preferences that allow me to configure the parameters at will–ramp rate, invert, etc.-- but that only goes so far. I’d really like to get instant on with reasonable dimability (probably not a word) and a nice fade out. When the ramp rate is set adequately fast it is near impossible to dim from the switch. Adding what I describe above is relatively straightforward, BUT I do not want to install this device type on my switch and have my switch die on me after a few weeks because the configuration memory is toast.

Anyone know?

Thanks,

Darin

P.S. I have worked in the software/computer industry for a long time. You won’t scare me off with technical details. :smile:

P.P.S Should this have been here or in the device type section. Can you cross-post?