GE 12724 Dimmer Device Handler

Hello all, i have recently added a lot of GE 12724 Dimmers. When i added them i added them through connect now, said 1 device found and if i go under my Device list i see that they are all categorized as : Z-Wave Dimmer Switch Generic. They work fine but there is no control for the blue indicator LED. I was thinking of changing the device handler, but wanted to know what is the default or what you guys are using for it, thanks!

They must have just moved it! Its under the gear setting of the switch using the “Dimmer Switch” Device handler.

thanks for the quick reply i see what you are saying… its under the “settings” menu.
So i had to experiment with the device handler… the Generin one doesnt have the option, but the one you mention (Dimmer Switch) does have it under the settings menu (gear icon). I will change all my devices to this, thanks !

Glad you found that , , , I would have crazy looking for it the next time needed. Use to be right when you opened the device on the app. THANK YOU for saving a grey hair or 2 :slight_smile:

1 Like

If you want to adjust the ramp rate of the dimmer switch you can use my device handler. I use it to set the rates, and once I am happy move back to the official DH (for local control, it is faster fro smartlighting). The settings are sent and stored on the dimmer.

1 Like

i didnt even know i could do this! Thats pretty awesome actually! Thanks!

I actually typed up the post how its right there on the DH. Luckily I decided to double chek what DH I am using and it was gone.