SmartThings Community

First Automation and the great Siren shutoff query

Greetings Folks I’ll try to make this a short story.
I’ve created my first automation (Yay!) and it seems to work almost 100% as intended. When the automation is on, and one of the sensors opens (a lot of or’s) turn on the siren and send me a notification!

That part works just fine. What I didn’t realize was that simply turning off the automation wouldn’t turn off the siren. I have to go into the app and open the siren up and turn it off… Is there a way to set an automation so that when I turn it off it kills or resets the siren? or is there a better way I should be doing this?

I am using the SmartThings app, with a SmartHub 3, and the sensors are the smartthings multipurpose sensors. The siren is the Aeotec Gen 5.

I appreciate any help you all can give. I am truly a noob at this.

Cheers

0 Likes

(Tony Fleisher) #2

What do you mean by “turning off the automation”, and why is the preferable to turning off the siren when you want the siren to turn off?

0 Likes

HI Tony

Turning off the automation I mean going into Automations and turning the one that is active off, with teh slider… is there another way I should be doing this?

I don’t know that it is preferable to turning off the siren. I guess I had not really thought about doing it a different way.

0 Likes

(Mavrrick) #4

Is there a reason you are not using Smart Home Monitor?

1 Like

Greetings Mavrrick58

I wasn’t aware that it was a thing. Thank you for asking me about it, as I am configuring it now and will test the functionality momentarily.

2 Likes

Thanks Mavrrick58 that is much better.
Now I just need to figure out how to lower the default siren time from 15 seconds to 3

0 Likes

(Mavrrick) #7

When I look at SHM in the new app I only see options for the siren to be on between 1 and 10 minutes. 15 seconds is not an option. Why do you need it set so short. Maybe this isn’t the right option.

0 Likes

No I’m looking to set the trigger delay from 15 seconds to 3.

The lowest delay I can see is 15 seconds, so I wonder if I can customize it?

15 seconds is way too long from a breach to the siren triggering.

0 Likes