Fibaro Z-Wave Motion Sensor

Progress., I try raw - now onto next step - report back

Good luck man. You should be on your way soon.

So now I published it to myself and its looking ok.

I go to devices and it says I have noneā€¦ hm. I guess I am doing something wrong here as I have 10 devices.

Hmmm, you clicking on My Devices across the top? Yeah you should have them listed there. I will say sometimes I have to refresh as they dont always show the first time.

@xoom presumably you are in the uk like meā€¦if so click the location tab then click devices, it should then forward you to the uk serversā€¦ Or just use this link

Yep in UKā€¦ thanks will try that now :slight_smile:

Wow I am feeling really dumbā€¦ anywayā€¦

I have now logged in via UK.
Created the custom code, published to me.
Gone to device type and its there.
However when I click edit I can not see how I link the device handler to the device?

found itā€¦ version and it was right at the bottom :slight_smile:

1 Like

I remember going through your pain about 3 months ago. Stick with it itā€™s worth it.

It works :slightly_smiling:
Not fully tested it as its getting a bit late but I will give it a proper test at the weekend and get my second one up and running too :slight_smile: Top work boys!!!

Sweet mate. Glad you got it sorted. Cant wait to get a few more for my house.

And to think 10 days ago this was reported to support and you solved it in an afternoon. Well done @Fuzzyligic! Thanks for the contribution. Now I am anxious to get mine once they are finally in stock.

Hi all!

Weā€™re working with Fibaro on the new sensors.

The original sensors that weā€™re compatible with are not Z-Wave Plus compatible. The new sensors use Z-wave Plus and secure encapsulation, which means we need to handle the events and commands a little bit differently. Itā€™s essentially a brand new device, not just an update to an existing device.

We have Device Type Handlers in testing. You can view (or test them yourselves) here:

Flood - https://github.com/SmartThingsCommunity/SmartThingsPublic/pull/557/files
Motion - https://github.com/SmartThingsCommunity/SmartThingsPublic/pull/558/files
Door - https://github.com/SmartThingsCommunity/SmartThingsPublic/pull/559/files

Until we finish our testing and deploy the code the v3.2 Fibaro sensors will not work with SmartThings without self-publishing the above code. They are simply not compatible yet.

Thanks!

ah well if anything it was an interesting community driven development exercise :slight_smile:

Any way to get this on to my new fibaro motion sensor thatā€™s not working, without developer access in IDE? Iā€™m not able to access developer tools in IDE for the last couple of days. @Tyler

@Silverpawn I like your commitment to our community developed device handler, however all though the basics are there in my device handler. i do suggest you use the ST created one it has been done with a bit more finesse which does come from me not being a trained programmer.

@Tyler thanks for the share, iā€™m sure a lot of people appreciate it. I especially do as its good to see how you achieved essentially the same in your code but with as i said a little bit more finesse. its strengthened my understanding of groovy greatly.

@Silverpawn ok just keep it just one more day to make the effort feel like it was worthwhile :wink:

@jeremykeen as for me solving it an afternoon and ST taking 10 days etcā€¦ ST ultimately are bound by a development and testing cycle to which i am not, it makes them seem from the outside less agile, but I personally i am glad they donā€™t push things out the door with little testing (although i know they have been accused of that in the past) i would much rather they test fully and leave the adhoc temporary workarounds to this vibrant community. which leads me to my next question @Tyler this was available in the public github, whats the best way to keep up to date and be notified with new merge requests etc in your public github? (Sorry for the newbie github question, but i am pretty new to it myself)

1 Like

@Fuzzyligic Ok Iā€™ve had a couple more coffees and Iā€™m thinking a bit more clearly now :wink: And I enjoyed working on that yesterday.

@Tyler thanks for the updateā€¦Iā€™ll go with it and see how it works. cheers

1 Like

OK that was shortā€¦:confused:

Couldā€™nt create the new device handler in the IDE Smartthings version

strange one that, i thought Capability ā€˜Tamper Alertā€™ was an officially supported capability at least according to this and this. @Jim, @jody.albritton are these not live in the current firmware yet? it seems to suggest so here, or is ths some regression of added code in the latest update?

if not @Silverpawn you will have to keep our hacked together one a bit longerā€¦

1 Like

And before anyone asksā€¦Iā€™m on FW 14.32 released this week

Iā€™m thinking you might be right :laughing: