Fibaro Smart Implant

Good job, congratulations. I was able to add the SmartImplant correctly, but I need to know how is the connection scheme for sensor, could someone help me? I will install it on a gate and I need to know if it is open or closed.

Hello Renato.
I just used a simple feather switch se below… . And then connect ed it to to a battery and fibaro implant according to the picture (you could use either input1 or input2 it doesnt matter both will work.
Hope you get it to work.

Hello everyone,

I didn’t get the chance to work on this in a while, but I just ordered DS18B20 and DHT22 and I’ll be implementing them soon.
I tested the internal temperature sensor and it seems like the implant isn’t reporting the temp at a regular interval, but it does respond to a request for the internal temp. I’ll have to look into this some more.

@Joao_Pereira, @Mark_Berning The manual says that we can connect up to 6 DS18B20 sensors, so it should work for your use cases.

@Howjames Did you ever get a response from Fibaro regarding the connection to a 12v alarm line?

@conradlidgett I haven’t worked with WebCore before, I’ll try it out and let you know what I find. Does the status of the switches in the SmartThings classic app change when your alarm goes off?

@Nbtoolguy Yes, it’s possible to separate the inputs from the outputs. I’ll have to add a new setting for that and probably restructure the DH to add them as separate endpoints.

ovidiu.pruteanu thanks for your response and your current handler you have made. Im excited for the other possibilities with this little device. I’m glad to hear that splitting the in and the out is possible. I would much rather have the functionality for the inputs to show up as a contact instead of a switch as I would like them for notification purposes. The outputs will be awesome tripping a couple of relays to turn my well pump and or hot water tank on and off. Thanks again. For all your hard work.
Cheers
Chris

© 2019 SmartThings, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

SmartThings; SmartApps®; Physical Graph; Hello, Home; and Hello, Smart Home are all trademarks of the SmartThings, Inc.