Fibaro Smart Implant

I will buy a new sensor and give it a try

I have atleast 10 of thes Fibaro Smart implant sensors and I am so glad you have created these Device Handlers. I have added all the handlers to my IDE but even when I try to pair the device it shows as a Iris Repeater. Not sure why, could you please assist me .Also will this work with the new app.

Okay. I had to manually change the device handler in the IDE I can now see the device and the internal sensor now reads. I added a ds18b20 and added it to the first slot. I cannot get it to read a temp it always display 0

@ovidiu.pruteanu

I’ve just started with getting my home smart. I’m looking to use the Smart Fibaro implant to control my dorcas electric strike. Will this work with Smart things? If so, what should I do to make it work ?

Jens

I found this spec sheet for Dorcas electric strikes and it looks like it uses anywhere between 175 mA and 1500 mA, depending on the solenoid resistance. The maximum current for the implant is 150 mA, so it won’t work by itself.
It would work if paired with a relay switch, you’d just have to choose the correct module depending on the voltage of your Dorcas power source.

@scott_cline I tested adding the implant from both apps and they both recognized it as a Fibaro Smart Implant. Is the Iris Repeater a custom DTH you have in the IDE?

The only thing that does not work in the new app are the buttons that let you add child devices. The new app does not support custom tiles. If people using the implant are looking into migrating to the new app exclusively I will look into moving those buttons in the preferences section.

Was the ds18b20 sensor wired when you added the implant to the hub? If not, you’ll have to exclude the device and add it again.

The iris repeater was a custom DTH I removed the dth and excluded the device and added and it showed as a zwave multi device.lol…I again forced the change in IDE and it showed the device and the internal temp sensor. When I add the external sensor it creates a new device but shows it offline. I added the 2 internal switches and they show fine . I didnt checknand see if they where actually opening or closing yet. I will try excluding again and adding back. Hopefully that will fix it. I have 10 of these and would like to make use of them. Thanks for your hard work in creating the DTH.

The iris repeater was a custom DTH I removed the dth and excluded the device and added and it showed as a zwave multi device.lol…I again forced the change in IDE and it showed the device and the internal temp sensor. When I add the external sensor it creates a new device but shows it offline. I added the 2 internal switches and they show fine . I didnt checknand see if they where actually opening or closing yet. I will try excluding again and adding back. Hopefully that will fix it. I have 10 of these and would like to make use of them. Thanks for tour hard work

Well it looks as though I need to learn to follow directions for the wiring. You wouldnt think three wires would be that confusing. Lol…so I switched the wiring and excluded re added and viola i am now getting proper readings from the external sensor. I still cant get it to recognize the device.properly but it only takes a second to force the DTH in the IDE.
Again i appreciate your time and your response. I am one.that would really like to see this 100% on the new app. I am just afraid that the old app will soon die and not supported also the automation options seem to be better in the new. But I am not sure what kind of work that requires

No problem, I’m glad I could help. It just occurred to me that your device might have a different fingerprint than mine and that’s why it’s not recognizing the DTH. Could you take a look in the IDE and check the values for mfr, prod and model under Raw Description? Mine looks like this:

zw:Ls type:0701 mfr:010F prod:0502 model:1000 ver:5.01 …

Here is the info under raw data

zw:Ls type:0701 mfr:010F prod:0502 model:2000 ver:5.01 zwv:6.02 lib:03 cc:5E,55,98,56,6C,22 sec:25,85,8E,59,86,72,5A,73,5B,31,60,70,71,75,7A role:05 ff:8C00 ui:8C00 epc:8

This is the devise it shows as:
Z-Wave Device Multichannel

Yes, that was it, the model is different for each region. I pushed a fix, it should identify it correctly now. Thanks for checking up on that for me.

Worked like a champ. Excluded and re added and it now shows as a Fibaro Smart Implant. My friend you are genius.
So when I add more sensors how does it now what sensor is what if they are all in parallel . These little devices are awesome

ds18b20 sensors are connected on a bus and each sensor has it’s own unique serial number burned in at the factory. The implant reads the serial numbers and associates them with sensor #1, #2, #3, etc

Had no idea they had independent serial numbers. Thanks again. Finally have some serious work to do with these devices.

Hi ovidiu.pruteanu
Have a little trouble getting it working with my alarm. I would like the 2 outputs to shorten 1 second so that they can be used as key operation. (It works) But then I would like the 2 inputs to see if the alarm is armed, they are connected to 2 relays which are shorted if the alarm is armed.
Input should not control output, should only read status of alarm
I have 2 areas so one. FGBS-222 would be able to control both

The same setup can be used for garage door opener, output is used as a button and input is a magnetic switch so you can see the status of the port
Udklip

Hi @flth1968
At the bottom of the settins page you have two parameters: Output 1: Local Protection and Output 2: Local Protection. You should set those to “Input disconnected from output”

Well, I’m having a stack of problems here. I already have one existing ubs with temperature probes - been working for more than a year.

I have approx 7 spare DS1820s, two spare ubs, one implant.

Try as I might I cannot under any circumstances set up a new system here. Can’t get anything to get recognised, and it’s driving me insane.

I connect the PSU and the probes, reboot/reset, add using the triple-click, see it recognised as a zwave whatever, log into the dev portal and change the device type… cannot get this thing to recognise any of the sensors.

Same goes for both spare ubs’s and the implant. Which suggests the unlikely possibility that all of my unconnected sensors are broken ? I’m terrified to unplug anything from the existing working ubs as I’m not so sure I could get it working again.

Gah!!

Are you using the latest DTH version? I made a fix a couple of days ago to recognize it right away without having to change the type in the IDE.

Is the implant reporting anything at all, like the internal temperature? Also, is the child device’s refresh button doing anything?

First up, could you please verify which groovy file I should be using? I’m UK based if that makes a diffetence. As far as I’m aware, it ever picks up the right model. Always needs to be swapped.

I’ll move forward a bit more after you reply. Ta!