Fibaro Smart Implant

Hi Snorre, yes I only have the new smartthings app, unfortunately.

I reset my implant (click and hold for 10s I think) as it was already on another z-wave network and my raspberry pi was bricked. My implant has an external thermometer and input 1 connected to my pump’s pressure valve spare breaker so that I can see when it is switched on.

I had already installed the main DH without changes fibaro-smart-implant.groovy without realising they should all be installed. I just followed the instructions for including using the smartthings app (yes 3 clicks). Later when I tried to figure out what was happening I realised that all of the DH codes need to be installed. I have done this now, but my implant is in a blind cellar about 90 minutes drive from my home so no possibility to re-include. To get the external thermometer working without re-including, I added a call:

createChildDevice("DS18B201")

inside the installed() method. This is only temporary until I can get back to the site and redo everything properly.

I did update the range definitions yes as they didn’t seem to be working in the new smartthings app and it was not possible to update any of those parameters where the range was defined.

1 Like

Hi again, I am just reading through some of this thread again and I see that people are having problems installing with the newer ST app, now that the classic app is no longer available. I have not had the opportunity to do a full install with the new ST app as I am not near my device. If you want to add he child devices from the main DH code then here is how I did that - replace “installed()” with this:

def installed() {
    createChildDevice("DS18B201")
    createChildDevice("Button1")
    createChildDevice("Contact1")
    createChildDevice("Button2")
    createChildDevice("Contact2")
    createChildDevice("Switch1")
    createChildDevice("Switch2")
    // Device-Watch simply pings if no device events received for 32min(checkInterval)
    sendEvent(name: "checkInterval", value: 2 * 15 * 60 + 2 * 60, displayed: false, data: [protocol: "zwave", hubHardwareId: device.hub.hardwareID])
    response(writeparams())
}

I’m not sure if this is the “proper” way to do that but it works well enough for now.

2 Likes

@jeremycook61 you are a legend! Thank you so much for your help.

I just have one question that you may or may not be able to assist me with. I am using this on my garage door opener and it requires the button via the smart implant to be pressed twice to open or close the garage door. Is there a way to program that when I turn on the button via the smart things app, the implant "presses: twice on the garage door opener?

@Adrian1 if you are asking me? I do not know how to do that. I suppose it is possible to program in a double click in to the DH somehow.

See my comments further down. The code needs a tweak to make input ranges work in the new ST app.

Hi Adrian, this might not be your case, but I’ve seen this multiple times. When you say you have to double click, is it because the first click sets that switch to off, and then the next one to on again?
If so, I would recommend you set the switch to turn off automatically. There is a parameter that does that, I don’t remember which one, which you can set via the z wave tweaker dh.
Sorry I can’t be more specific, Im no longer using ST

@jeremycook61 - thank you!!!
Your fix for the new Smartthings App definitely works and and I can see all child-devices. BIG THANKS!

I’m going to connect Smart Implant to Hikvision cameras located outside to trigger alert in Smartthings and possibly outdoor lights.

Probably the main reason that it works is because this version has “hard coded” creation of some of the child devices.

Not all the devices supported by the implant are created so it wont work for everyone in every circumstance. I want to make it create the child devices as events come in from the end points, then it would be more useful to more people, but don’t have time just now.

For anyone trying to get the Device Handler to install under the new app a workaround I have found is to use the Simulator in the IDE.

Find the UBS in the APP as a THING.
Change the device type in the IDE as you would normally.
Then use the Simulator and attach it to the real physical device and the options will be available , not a pretty UI as if it was in Classic app, but all the functionality is there.

Hi.

I have problems with the DHT for Fibaro Implant.
I have 5 DS18B20 connected to it and did all the settings in IDE but i cant se any temp info.

And if i connect it to my Fibaro hub i can se all 5 temps?
Any idees?

Best regards
Andreas

For those interested in what JeremyCook61 did you can look at his code fork and see the changes:

Hello everyone. Apologies for taking so long to update this. Thank you @jeremycook61 for providing a solution for it to work with the new app. I pushed a version today with the following changes:

• Ability to add child devices from the main device’s settings page
  • Cleaned up settings page
  • Fixed settings range limits
  • Fixed an issue where output 1 would turn on for a second after updating any settings
  • Added “held down” and “held” button events
  • Added setting to enable button triple click events (this disables device pairing/removing by triple clicking the inputs)

Hi everyone,
I have installed all DH for the Fibaro Implant, and when I connect it to the Smartthings hub, it only shows the temperature sensor but not the output switch. Any idea how to solve this?
Thanks!

You need to add them from the app. Go into the Smart Implant on the app and hit settings, you add the devices from in there.

Thanks @Roy_Donaldson, I was missing that part.

@ovidiu.pruteanu, quite a lot of info has been gathered in this thread, and README in the DH repository would be of great help for new used of the DH. Would this be possible? And thanks for your work on this!

2 Likes

Hi @Kitsart. I’ve added some installation and configuration info in the repository’s README files.

Hi,

My Smart Implant Switch stops responding.

I installed the Fibaro Smart Implant some months ago. First I set it up with the DH with hardcoded child adding as described above. My config is 5 DS18B20 and one Switch/output.

The Switch stopped working after some weeks. The Smart Implant and the DS18B20 childdevices was still working.

I then found @ovidiu.pruteanu new DH, deleted the device in ST and installed it again with the new DH.

Now after a feew weeks the Switch-child stopped responding again. I have tried to reboot the device, but Switch-child is still not responding. The other child-devices work fine. Btw, I only use one of the Switches (switch 2).

Any ideas?

@ovidiu.pruteanu - thank you for everything you’ve done and the info you’ve provided in this thread and in the readme files. Devs like you don’t get enough recognition. I searched for a link to buy you a coffee. I didn’t see anything but happy to do so if something like that exists.

@kjelljk Is the switch showing as offline, or is it just not sending any commands? Also, what values do you have for parameters P25 and P155?

@bradcarlson Since others have asked as well, I added a PayPal button in my GitHub repository :slight_smile:

Hi, and thanks for replying!

Main and child devices all show online.

In the settings page for the mother device in ST-app it showed “default” for both parameters, but in the preference section in for the device in ST-IDE no data was set for these parameters. I have tried to set the parameters to “0” for both P25 and P155 now - and also rebooting the hub - but the child (switch) still shows as online and does not respond.