Everspring ST815 Illumination Sensor

(Sam Huffman) #1

Hi, I’m a new ST user, just a week or so. In the hopes of finding a reliable illumination sensor I bought an Aeon Multi-sensor, and an Everspring ST815. The Aeon isn’t working (only reports 0lux - 2lux), so I’m sending that back. The Everspring appears to work fine, but I’ve been unable to detect it with my ST hub.

Has anyone successfully paired an Everspring ST815 to their hub? Is there a trick to it? I’ve been unable to find any documentation on the web.

Thanks!

(Mike Maxwell) #2

Can’t help with this device, can recommend another though.
Have a look at the Figaro Motion, temp/lux/vibration, nice compact little bugger.
Lux from 0 to 30,000 (vs 1000 for the Aeon and 3000 for the Everspring)

(Edward Pope) #3

Since the device is ZWave, I would think it would at least Pair with the hub, How are you determining that it is working for you, without pairing to the hub?

(Sam Huffman) #4

Thanks @Mike_Maxwell and @theedpope!

Mike, if I can’t get the Everspring to hook up, I’ll look at Figaro. Do you know of an online source to buy them? I’m not seeing Figaro at any of the usual retailers.

Ed, I should have been more clear – the Everspring ST815 has an LCD screen, which is showing realistic LUX values. So the sensor portion is working. The problem is that I just can’t figure out how to get my Hub to recognize it (or, more likely, how to configure the ST815 to broadcast its presence to the hub).

Like I said, I’m very new at this so I suspect I’m just doing something wrong here, but I’m not sure what… The ST815’s documentation talks about sending different output to different groups and most of the online references say that it works well with a ‘Vera’ hub, but I figured it should work with Smartthings as well, being Z-wave and all.

Thanks both for your suggestions!

(Tuffcalc) #5

Did you ever get the ST815 working? I just bought one but can’t seem to pair it to smartthings.

(Tuffcalc) #6

Let me restate - I can pair it to smartthings but it shows up as a Smartsense Floodsensor.