Eurotronics Spirit TRV

I would never, ever use a smart trv again. Of any description.

See here

Hello,
I have 5 TRV already integrated. All are equipped with a lock and work perfectly.

Now I bought another one and integrated it. This one has a thermometer as a display and I can only turn it on and off.

Temperatures can not be set and he also does not react with the window contact…

So theoretically completely useless :frowning:

Can anyone help me and tell me what I need to do to get the TRV running reasonably!!!?

Thanks

Tuck

Hello.
Does anyone knows how to adjust manually the valve to have it at a fixed position, say 30% or 50%. I didnt see this option in new smartthings app.
I think it might be possible by using another DTH, but wich one?!

Hi everybody,

I have been using the aeotec smartthing hub with smartthings for more than half a year now and I am happy until now. I have integrated 7 eurotronic spirit thermostats successfully with the latest version of dougalAgain in Github. The only problem I have is that the batteries on the thermostats are consumed very quickly. I don’t have any programming skills and would not know where to adjust the update/refresh parameters on the program to improve battery life. I have already tried setting the parameters in the app to the lowest update/refresh frequencies without improvement. The integration is very good and works excelent with smartthings. I would really like to keep it.

I think the code I copied is the one from the link below:

Maybe someone has a tip or maybe knows from an update that improved the battery consumption.

Cheers lads
Rolando

I have quite a few of these eurotronic sprit thermostats, working well with the groovy dht. Now i’m looking for an edge driver for them which I will need if I stay with smartthings overwise I thinking I will hve to change to hubitat.

I’ve still not managed get the eurotronic sprit trv to work with any edge drivers.
Does any know of any TRVs that will work with Edge?

You can find an Edge driver for Spirit here:

2 Likes

Thank you very much. Been looking for this for ages.

Alrighty then!

Bought me some Eurotronics Spirit Z-Wave TRV’s, drivers installed and they are working.

Few things I hope to find out…

When I open the device in the ST app it says “This device has not yet updated all statusreports. Try again later.” What does this mean for me?

I have one TRV that is not in the room itself so I need to use a external sensor. How do I get this working, I have absolute no idea!

In the ST app I can only adjust by 1 celsius and on the device itself with 0.5 celsius (not that important).

Also the temperature on the TRV tile doesn’t respond very well or not.

Can I (and shoud I) look for a Z-wave Stick to update firmware of Z-wave devices?
How to update firmware for Z-Wave devices on SmartThings (thesmartcave.com)
And if so, is there one for this device?

This has been working great with the edge driver. Battery holds much better than with the previous DTH, and it reports really well. All functionality works flawlessly. Thank you for sharing,much appreciated.

Strange, why do mine have some issues?

And do you use a external sensor?

When I open the device in the ST app it says “This device has not yet updated all statusreports. Try again later.” What does this mean for me?

The problem is the dimmer, this shows how far the valve is open. To do this, however, you must set parameter 6 to 1, so that this value is transmitted. Once this is done, the message is no longer there. If you are not interested in the value, you can set the value of parameter 6 back to 0.

I have one TRV that is not in the room itself so I need to use a external sensor. How do I get this working, I have absolute no idea!

You need a temperature sensor with the association group “Air Temperature”. This must be included in the same safety class as the thermostat, ideally S2 unauth. Then you have to set an association to the thermostat. Then set the parameter 8 of the thermostat to the value 128
set.

So it works in theory, whether this works with SmartThings I have never tested.

the temperature on the TRV tile doesn’t respond very well or not.

Parameter 5 is set by default to the value 5 = 0,5°C, if you decrease the value the report will be sent more often.

Can I (and shoud I) look for a Z-wave Stick to update firmware of Z-wave devices?
How to update firmware for Z-Wave devices on SmartThings (thesmartcave.com)
And if so, is there one for this device?

There is no update for the thermostat. The 0.16 is the last version.

Hello, sorry for the late response. Busy busy busy…

The problem is the dimmer, this shows how far the valve is open. To do this, however, you must set parameter 6 to 1, so that this value is transmitted. Once this is done, the message is no longer there. If you are not interested in the value, you can set the value of parameter 6 back to 0.

Done, will test it.

You need a temperature sensor with the association group “Air Temperature”. This must be included in the same safety class as the thermostat, ideally S2 unauth. Then you have to set an association to the thermostat. Then set the parameter 8 of the thermostat to the value 128
set.

So it works in theory, whether this works with SmartThings I have never tested.

At the moment I have a Aqara temp/humidity in that room. But could buy a other one. I really need a sensor in that room.
But how do I do this?
“Enter a comma delimited list of hex IDs to be sent general notifications (5 node max)” Could just as well be in Chinese.

Parameter 5 is set by default to the value 5 = 0,5°C, if you decrease the value the report will be sent more often.

Also done and will test it.

At the moment I have a Aqara temp/humidity in that room. But could buy a other one. I really need a sensor in that room.
But how do I do this?
“Enter a comma delimited list of hex IDs to be sent general notifications (5 node max)” Could just as well be in Chinese.

This works only with a Z-Wave sensor which serves the Air Temperature class, e.g. Aeotec AirQ or Eurotronic Air Quality Sensor.

It is important to note that both have the same security level, otherwise it will not work. However, I have no idea how to do this in SmartThings.

To set the association group you can use the following:
Configuration of Z-Wave devices

1 Like

The message is gone and temperature readings are better, thanks.

For the external temperature sensor… pfew…
That is some high level manual.

I think it’s easier for me to make multiple routines with the current temperature sensor and the dimmer on the TRV

You can also use a driver from @Mariano_Colmenarejo where you can set the temperature on the external temperature sensor, I’m using the sonoff ones, cheap and cheerful and this seems to work well.
Driver name is zigbee temp sensor and child thermostat from his chanel.

I have a problem with some of my Eurotronic Spirit TRVs. They are not seeing the edge driver and simply are seen as a dimmer. Trying to force them to use the Eurotronic driver fails. As far as I can seen the issue is that some of the TRVs have a slightly different fingerprint.

All the ones that work have a fingerprint of:-
type:0806 mfr:0148 prod:0003 model:0001

But the ones that will not work have a fingerprint of:-
type:0806 mfr:0148 prod:0003 model:0003

Is there anyway of getting this finger print added to the driver, I’m not sure how to contact the developer? Or can I get the source code and edit it myself?

I ve actually upgraded my edge driver for the eurotronics Spirit TRV from the Smartthings zwave europe site: SmartThings Edge-Driver-Collection | Z-Wave Europe - The leading european distributor for Smart Home products.
there you can search and choose your device driver and see if it is working. Eurotronics Spirit TRV works good here and also with LCD Backlight off and other functions Samsung account

1 Like

Hi, thanks for sharing the link. I tried using the invitation link for the thermostats, but get to a page that says that I am not authorized to use the invitaiton. The message reads as follows:

Forbidden

You do not have permission to access the specified invitation

Is there any activation might need or previous registration maybe?

Thanks
Rolando

It is a system wide problem.