Enerwave ZW15S

I lost ST connection with mine a couple weeks ago but didn’t realize it because the local control was fine. How did I tell that the exclusion worked? When I start the general Z-Wave Exclude utility it says the mode is initiated for 15 seconds, I then toggle Up-Down several times my ZW15S. What tells me that a device is successfully excluded? In the ZW15S device events log it isn’t saying anything there.

UPDATE: Although I never got indication it must have worked because I went ahead with the re-joining to network and that was successful. According to a different thread I was hoping he would be right concerning the outcome but it didn’t work that way. @slagle Any thoughts… has ST changed? [quote=“slagle, post:8, topic:29820”]
You can reset the device and then re-join it, without removing all the apps and the device, and it would join as the device it was last with the same DNI and that should regain communication.
[/quote]

The good news I got the device to rejoin the network so I can fully control it again. The bad news it came on as a brand new “thing” so it never kept the same DNI. Am I going to have to re-add all my smartapps and routines, etc to this new device or can I change the DNI somehow. I just fear I have to go through all the headache of redoing the 10 ST integration that ZW15S is being used in and then do the same so I can delete the non-functioning ZW15S “thing”?