[Edge drivers] Issue opening the device's Detail View

@Mariano_Colmenarejo it works with my.smartthings.com. Weird :confused:
So, there is something wrong with the Smartthings App. And nobody else has had this in the past?

Hi, @nickolasemp!

I have seen something like that before but the app should show a message of an error at the bottom of the screen, it sometimes can be missed due to its size. In your video, I couldnโ€™t see it but you also tapped several times and there might be a delay.
Also, Iโ€™ve seen it when I change between enabling and disabling the Developer Mode but it doesnโ€™t last long, it works after the app finishes loading.
Just in case, could you check if enabling the Dev mode helps with the issue, please?
Hereโ€™s how to enable it: Test Your Device | Developer Documentation | SmartThings

@nayelyz thank you for your reply. no error at the bottom with both the developer options enabled nor without. TempClip โ€” Watch โ€” Screen_Recording_20221128_193743_SmartThings.mp4

Uninstalled the App, installed it from the Galaxy store and now I cannot have the other tiles eitherโ€ฆ :sweat_smile: I basically lost them all in the App. (and by lost, I mean that clicking on the tile, no longer shows the extra info/configuration/Detail View).

I wonder if the IDE plays a role here.
I remember in the past that I had updated the Temp sensors to show the temperature in the preview of the tile. When I type smartthings.exe devices, I get to see some that are Type Zigbee and some are Type DTH (I have a couple of OCF and BLE-D2D but these are Samsung devices).

ok, can you share the following info, please?

1. Confirm the email account registered in the forum is the same one you use for SmartThings. If not, please share it with me over DM
  2. Enable support access:
  1. Go to the SmartThings Web (my.smartthings.com)
  2. Log in to your Samsung Account
  3. Select Menu (โ‹ฎ) and choose Settings
  4. Toggle on Account Data Access
  5. Select the time period and confirm - In this step, please select โ€œUntil turned offโ€, once the team finishes, weโ€™ll let you know so you can disable it again
  1. Record your mobileโ€™s screen again replicating the issue (showing that you canโ€™t open other devices, not only the one of Marianoโ€™s driver), and share it with us. This is to compare what we see in the app with the logs of #7.
  2. Logs from the app:
  3. On your mobile device, launch the Phone app (where you make calls) and enter the code *#9900#
  4. On the opened page, click on โ€œRun Dumstate/Logcatโ€. Wait until it finishes and shows a message with the created file
  5. Then, select the option โ€œCopy to SD card (Include cp Ramdump)โ€. When it finishes, it will show a success message.
  6. Share the file with us, please. There are two options:
    From your phone:
  7. Go to Files > internal storage
  8. Find a folder called โ€œlogโ€ and search for the created file there. Sample name: โ€œdumpState_G950USQU8DUD3_202208162013โ€
    The last part helps you identify it better because it includes the date and time when it was generated.
    From a PC. Connect your device to a PC and look for the โ€œlogโ€ directory and find the generated file.

Note: You can share the files over DM with a link or to build@smartthings.com

@nayelyz

1. I confirm
  2. Support access is now enabled.
  3. sent over DM both of the files (video link and log+zip)
1 Like

Hi, @nickolasemp.
I already reported the issue and we need your help to check if the behavior changes when you join the original device which caused the issue (Aubess Switch) to a DTH instead of the Custom driver.
This means you need to:

1. Uninstall all the devices using Marianoโ€™s driver
  2. Uninstall the driver
  3. Pair the device again
  4. Clear the appโ€™s cache. This step is to force the app to refresh.

Dear @nayelyz

Thank you for your reply. Could you please let me know how to know (from the cli I suppose, I have no problem with it) which devices have already picked up Marianoโ€™s driver so that I can remove them?
For the time being, I have no visibility.

Dear @nayelyz,

Your peers must have done something from your end (so maybe they know better), but they all work now (Xiaomi window/door sensors and power plugs). It said downloading when I clicked on one Xiaomi window sensor and it now shows the detail view.

Do you know what your peers have done? Can I do it from my end too in the future?

Kind regards,
Nick

@nayelyz would it also be OK to turn off the account data access mode in my.smartthings.com?

Hi, I asked the team if they did something but I havenโ€™t gotten a reply.

You can do it and activate it in case it is required. Thanks!

1 Like

About this question, for future reference:

Follow these steps to know which driver controls a device:

1. List the devices with the command:
smartthings devices
  1. Copy the Device ID of the first device youโ€™ll check. Run the same command but add the ID (and he flag -j) at the end:
smartthings devices device-ID -j
  1. Check if in the details thereโ€™s a property called โ€œzwaveโ€/โ€zigbeeโ€/โ€lanโ€ that contains the driver ID. This means the device is using a driver.

2. Then, you can also use the command below to see the driverโ€™s name:

smartthings edge:drivers driver-id
1 Like

Many thanks!
If you do get the input from the team, then that would be great :slight_smile:

Dear @nayelyz , I am getting the issue once more :confused:
Not sure if it is because I installed a new zigbee device or not (It is a moes switch of two gangs).
Now, I cannot even click again on any of the tiles in the past.

PS C:\Users\nicko\Documents\smartthings> .\smartthings.exe devices 368bdb20-2e1e-4aa4-b9f9-a7f66b36e51f -j
{
    "deviceId": "368bdb20-2e1e-4aa4-b9f9-a7f66b36e51f",
    "name": "two-switch",
    "label": "Kitchen lights",
    "deviceManufacturerCode": "_TZ3000_18ejxno0",
    "manufacturerName": "SmartThingsCommunity",
    "deviceModel": "TS0012",
    "presentationId": "f1f98ed4-5007-3591-bd63-2a77df7ae398",
    "locationId": "a3fcdc3f-b87a-49d4-802e-4487e3c804f2",
    "roomId": "f9cb5048-b03e-4274-bbf6-224e21850f76",
    "sharedLocations": [],
    "components": [
        {
            "id": "main",
            "label": "main",
            "capabilities": [
                {
                    "id": "switch",
                    "version": 1
                },
                {
                    "id": "legendabsolute60149.switchAllOnOff1",
                },
                {
                    "id": "legendabsolute60149.signalMetrics",
                },
                {
                    "id": "refresh",
                },
                {
                    "id": "firmwareUpdate",
                }
            ],
            "categories": [
                {
                    "name": "Switch",
                    "categoryType": "manufacturer"
                }
            ]
        },
        {
            "id": "switch2",
            "label": "switch2",
            "capabilities": [
                {
                    "id": "switch",
                },
                {
                    "id": "refresh",
                }
            ],
            "categories": [
                {
                    "name": "Switch",
                    "categoryType": "manufacturer"
                }
            ]
        }
    ],
    "createTime": "2023-02-20T19:37:41.932Z",
    "parentDeviceId": "e43f2cb2-084c-4041-b91f-ed27dffe62e7",
    "profile": {
        "id": "ca423332-7676-301b-8376-245bb418103c"
    },
    "zigbee": {
        "eui": "A4C13894D3DE3565",
        "networkId": "C95B",
        "driverId": "e9bfd289-1d51-499e-8c64-d564d1868ad2",
        "executingLocally": true,
        "hubId": "e43f2cb2-084c-4041-b91f-ed27dffe62e7",
        "provisioningState": "PROVISIONED"
    },
    "type": "ZIGBEE",
    "vid": "f1f98ed4-5007-3591-bd63-2a77df7ae398",
    "mnmn": "SmartThingsCommunity",
    "ocfDeviceType": "oic.d.switch",
    "restrictionTier": 0,
    "allowed": null
}
PS C:\Users\nicko\Documents\smartthings> .\smartthings.exe edge:drivers 368bdb20-2e1e-4aa4-b9f9-a7f66b36e51f
    Error: Request failed with status code 404: {"requestId":"B0F7F39B-D8E0-477C-83DB-E316D5295B27","error":{"code":"NotFoundError","message":"Missing driver","details":[]}}
PS C:\Users\nicko\Documents\smartthings>

I plan on changing most wall switches at my place so I hope I wonโ€™t have to ask for the help of the team to do whatever needs to be done. I would greatly appreciate if they were to let us know what to do so as to no longer get the issue where I click on the title and I cannot access the added functionalities from the edge drivers.

Many thanks in advance!

If it started to happen after you installed this device, it could be related. If you delete the device, does it make a difference?

Iโ€™ve seen in the past that, when thereโ€™s a faulty device, it can affect others as well. It happened to me when I deleted something I wasnโ€™t supposed to when trying to replicate an issue :sweat_smile:

Not really, it shows the same behavior. And now all of my devices are shown offline :smiley:

I cannot even enter in the tiles of my Samsung washing machine and the dryer? Arenโ€™t these supposed to be picking the basic Samsung driver?

PS C:\Users\nicko\Documents\smartthings> .\smartthings.exe devices
โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€
 #   Label                            Name                                      Type     Device Id
โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€
 1   [dryer] Samsung                  [dryer] Samsung                           OCF      43fd6969-1036-5008-78cd-fcb873afb137
 2   [washer] Samsung                 [washer] Samsung                          OCF      94d4c072-6c94-f8a6-fd89-ccf93155cbfc
PS C:\Users\nicko\Documents\smartthings> .\smartthings.exe edge:drivers 94d4c072-6c94-f8a6-fd89-ccf93155cbfc
    Error: Request failed with status code 404: {"requestId":"D44F2CF5-CF8A-4961-85CD-387413ADFC39","error":{"code":"NotFoundError","message":"Missing driver","details":[]}}
P

Yikes, I can no longer get in the tiles of my Smarttags :frowning:
I would greatly appreciate your help.

โ†’ I can still find my stuff from Samsung Find, so all good in that aspect. You can ignore my last entry.
โ†’ I also think that Samsung washing machines and dryers might not be using edge drivers. So back to square one on why the tiles do not open in the app so that I can pick a driver.

I believe it is a side issue, but you are getting these particular 404 errors because you are using a deviceId where the driverId is expected. Even if you used the driverId youโ€™d get a 401 error if you donโ€™t own the driver.

1 Like

AFAIK OCF devices donโ€™t use drivers yet, so, the issue isnโ€™t related to drivers.
@nickolasemp, could you enable support access to your account again, please? I just tried and I couldnโ€™t enter using your email here.

Thanks, @orangebucket.

True (I read it fast). I just tried with the driver-id but I get the 401 as you have said.

PS C:\Users\nicko\documents\smartthings> .\smartthings.exe edge:drivers e9bfd289-1d51-499e-8c64-d564d1868ad2
    Error: Request failed with status code 401: {"requestId":"BE680A2B-2174-4669-9F65-81B0771A29C0","error":{"code":"UnauthorizedError","message":"User doesn't own driver","details":[]}}

@nayelyz I just did :wink: