Edge Driver needed for the Ring Alarm Contact Sensor Using the 'Z-Wave Plus Door/Window Sensor' DTH

Thanks for getting back with me. I am going to the house next week so i can check to see if the ones that are offline have dead batteries or if something else happened. I have some of these on a ring alarm system as well and they do report battery percentage. I was hoping that they would have a long battery life because I want to install them in a rental house and use them to control mini split AC’s if doors or windows are left open. Renters seem to do that a lot. I don’t have a problem replacing the batteries once a year or so but since the house is out of the country it is hard to get batteries replaced in a timely manner

1 Like

@b1haynes Do you have Ring motion sensor gen2? If you do, I have updated Settings for this device too. You need to swap driver for any other driver, and fo back to this one to show settings. I don’t have motion sensor in my possession and this was just guess work, but it should work.
I need someone to test it.
I’ll check if there is anything else reported related to batteries, like voltage.

Yes, i have the gen 2. Would there be a way to swap the driver remotely? Whenever I have tried to swap to another driver i just get the message. “Nothing found”

If you add Mariano’s Z-wave Device Config MC driver, you can swap it. His driver is used to get fingerprints, and to change parameters.
Then you can swap drivers remotely

Does this remove the device from the routines olit is used in?

Ok, I was able to change two of my sensors remotely and they now have a settings tab. Oddly enough one of the sensors that had been offline for weeks for some reason came back online by itself . I updated it as well . It is still showing 100 % battery though. I sincerely hope that they really are 100%. When I go to this location I will install some batteries that I know are low and see if they reflect a lower percentage. Thanks for the help

1 Like

It should not. There was issue with routines couple months ago, but I think it’s fixed. All my routines are still there on sensors’ routine page after swapping drivers

It just did for me. I tried on something with small number of routines to minimize potential damage.

I’m using @milandjurovic71 tweaked driver and it’s been rock solid ever since I installed it. Had a little issue but like @milandjurovic71 said, it was routine issue on ST end. I have other ring sensors that I use with my Ring alarm and the battery is still at 100% for 4 years now.

1 Like

Do these support the Ring Alarm Motion Detector?

Yes, gen 2

2 Likes

Yes. As stated by Milan. The Generation 2 Ring Alarm Motion Detectors are supported:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07ZB2QF2V?asc_item-id=amzn1.ideas.32OAFP3AISG4V&linkCode=ll1&tag=oddjobs4bud-20&linkId=49d79dd64056c2f8ad5662f248c86a3b&language=en_US&ref_=as_li_ss_tl

Considering switching from zigbee Sengled door sensors to zwave ring door sensors, but understand that ring contact sensors are not compatible with smartthings. Previously was able to use DTH in groovy to “label” the sensors as contact sensors but not sure how to do that now that groovy is gone. Any advice (for a non tech savvy person)? Or Is there a zwave sensor other than ring that is fairly affordable and compatible with ST that will include features of open/ close, battery, and tamper?

1 Like

The following is a driver for the Ring Contact sensors

1 Like

Thanks!
And… how do I use this?
Will this allow the full functionality of ring sensors in ST?

And do you recommend this over Sengled sensors?

The Ring sensors work very well with this driver. Don’t have and Sengled contacts so I don’t know how well they work.

To install driver click on link I attached above, sign into SmartThings, enroll hub, open drivers list, and install the driver you want.

Then open the device in the mobile app, click on 3 dots, select driver, then select change driver. It is all very easy after you do it once.

1 Like

Thanks!!!
Will this work for motion sensors, too, or only contact sensors?

I looks like it will also work for Ring Motion Sensors, but I don’t have any to verify.

Thanks so much! I’m going to test this out