Edge Driver needed for the Ring Alarm Contact Sensor Using the 'Z-Wave Plus Door/Window Sensor' DTH

Yes it works for motion sensor gen 2

Great! Thanks!

When I clicked on the terms of use, nothing came up. Can you send?

I have nothing on terms. I just moded SmartThings driver to support Ring Contact and Motion sensors.
Free to use.
Btw I am using only Ring sensors for my doors and windows as they are made for security system. They never fail, and batteries lasts about 2 years

This is what you’ll get:

2 Likes

Awesome! Thanks!!!

I installed but I don’t see button on mine for motion sensors. (What is that used for?) I don’t think I need it but just wondering in case I didn’t install properly. See attached.

Sorry, your device is correct.

In my screenshot is my testing device driver. I am trying to see if I can use that button on the sensor in the SmartThings device.

I believe that @philh30 's Z-wave Sensor PH driver exposes the button pushes on at least the Ring contact sensor. I don’t know about the motion sensor

I was able to successfully add your driver to my ST and my existing contact sensors were fine. I’m currently trying to add additional sensors but it’s not working. It keeps saying that the device has not yet updated its information. I’ve tried deleting, repairing, resetting, and none of that works. Any idea on how to fix this?

I am away from home until Monday. I’ll check it when i get back.

1 Like

Thanks so much! If it helps, I seem to be getting stuck at the security setup phase, which I never had to do when setting up other gen2 devices last summer.
Also, same issue is happening with gen2 ring motion sensor.

Milan, what does the setting motionDetectionMode do? If I change it from 3 to 4, would it increase the motion sensor sensitivity?

Ring has some detection modes in app that don’t match with these settings. They are descriptive like Dog friendly, or they have slider from min to max.

I don’t have Ring Alarm system to get those values.
In my testing 0 turns detection off
1-4 are different sensitivities.
4 is the highest. If you are in the room at about 10ft, and you move finger only it will trigger motion. With 1 or 2 it will not detect those kind of movements.
I am not sure how they map 1 - 4 to only 3 levels

Thanks Milan. Is the “Any Motion Threshold” setting referring to the Re-trigger Interval?

I have used this table from manual and applied to settings.

However some of them are not exposed to smart things like lighting settings as those are used with Ring Smart lighting solution.
Some of others you have to be careful how to setup, not overlap and block sensor from reporting at all

1 Like

Thank you very much.

For example occupancy clear delay (Detection Delay) is not to report motion for set time, so you can have time to disarm.
I need to test all of those time settings to see how they work with each other, and right now I am short on my free time

Hi, Milan. Have you had a chance to check?

Later today. I can’t do it from my phone

Oh, OK, thanks! No worries. Was just checking.