(EDGE Driver-Mc) Zigbee switch MC, Zigbee switch power MC, Zigbee multi switch and child MC

Just and FYI, today i switched one of the plugs back to your driver and its working great again! . I didnt change anything to my network, only uninstalled and reinstalled the Zigbee Switch Mc driver. The driver version before removal and after reinstall both show 2023-5-22 ( does this driver auto update? )

but when i go into setting for a zigbee switch using this driver the first line of the settings page shows ( Version 4 (MAr 2022) why is that ?

One final question , is it possible to disable the physical button on these switches with a setting in the driver ?

Thanks so very much for your amazing work on these its great to have people working hard to give us all options to buy and try different devices and brands!!

Hi @Alexhp11

This is the date and time of the last compilation of the driver when any changes have been made, any fingerprint added, โ€ฆ and it is automatically updated on your hub.

This is a reference when the new functions that have been introduced in the driver.

I donโ€™t know of zigbee devices that have this function in settings. That would depend on specific functions that the manufacturer can introduce.
I think that in zwave there is some devices that has this type of adjustment, but I donโ€™t remember which models

@Mariano_Colmenarejo the following switch is report power reading that are high by about a factor of 10. The power reading were fine a week ago.

Hi @Paul_Oliver

In this version I introduced that it is possible to establish a custom divisor for the calculation of Power and Energy from preferences.

It seems that there was an error in the devices that do respond to the reading of their divisor.

This version should correct it, but I have a question about this Centralite 3210-L device. Does it show Energy readings? in the stock driver it only has a Power capability.

Could you please install this version of the driver with the CLI and send me the installation logs?

โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€
 Name         Zigbee Switch Power Mc
 Version      2023-05-28T10:37:37.696271832        
โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€

The driver automatically updated overnight.

But now it is totally unresponsive. It will not turn on or off (network error) and they is no power readings. I unplug the device, cleared the cash, force stopped the app and changed drivers. Nothing helped.

Yes the plug reports energy consumption.

I canโ€™t send you logs. I didnโ€™t bring my laptop to camp with me. I need be I will bring the switch home to get logs.

Itโ€™s only been 4 hours since I published it.
Will it be partially updated?

You were right.

I temporarily changed the driver to beta ZigBee Switch and uninstalled your driver. I reinstalled your driver and changed the device back to the updated driver and it is working.

Using a divisor of 10 everything looks correct on the power reporting side.

Thanks for promptly fixing this problem.

1 Like

Please, could you try setting the divisor to 0 and that it still works well with the divisor by 10 that this device sends?

When I set the divisor to 0 it still retains the correct power reading.

1 Like

If this device worked fine with the previous driver version and since I hadnโ€™t assigned any custom divisors to it, then is supposed, device send to the driver the correct divisors to use in the calculations.

Thanks for test it

Finally back at the location where I can log driver changes. Thank you for your patience @Mariano_Colmenarejo !

Changing from Zigbee Switch Power Mc to Zigbee Switch Power Mc TEST I get the attached log.

Hi @S.F.B

Zigbee switch power TEST is deprecated and deleted from the channel.

Zigbee Switch Power Mc is the driver you should use to test your device

Lightning quick!

In that case a log for the Zigbee Switch Power Mc shows some errors, re attached.

In the app, the temp field is not populated and the app signals โ€œThis device hasnโ€™t updated all status info โ€ฆโ€

Btw @Mariano_Colmenarejo : I believe Iโ€™m using the latest version: 2023-05-28T10:37:37:69โ€ฆ

@S.F.B , @nayelyz Before doing anything else, I think is needed enter the IDE and the HUB, utilities, click on Send Hub Logs

This driver has been incorrectly installed on the hub and is giving these errors

This error is happening to some users on some drivers when an update is installed and it renders the driver inoperable, it goes into a driver initialization loop:

2023-05-29T12:39:16.826483671+00:00 FATAL Zigbee Switch Power Mc runtime error: [string โ€œcosock.luaโ€]:296: [string โ€œdatastore.luaโ€]:37: Data store keys and values must be JSON encodeable: userdata: (nil) is of unsupported type userdata.

Please, @nayelyz Could you give the instructions to send the Hub logs and how to fix this error? to see what is happening in these cases of driver bad updated.

@S.F.B If you uninstall the driver and reinstall it, it should be solved, like other users, but first wait to see what @nayelyz says

1 Like

Hi, they are pretty much what you already mentioned to @S.F.B:

1. In the IDE, enter โ€œmy hubsโ€
  2. Enter the corresponding Hub and go to โ€œview utilitiesโ€
  3. Click on โ€œsendโ€ below "send hub logsโ€

Do you mean when you publish a new version and it gets installed automatically on the userโ€™s Hub?
Does it happen only with your drivers or where have you seen other reports about that?

I will have to ask the engineering team about this, if itโ€™s urgent for you @S.F.B to have the driver up an running, you can reinstall it after you sent the logs but it would be helpful for them to still see the driver in that weird state.

Can you also provide the following, please?

1. Driver ID
  2. Confirm the email account registered in the forum is the same one you use for SmartThings. If not, please share it with me over DM
  3. Enable support access to your account:
  1. Go to the SmartThings Web (my.smartthings.com)
  2. Log in to your Samsung Account
  3. Select Menu (โ‹ฎ) and choose Settings
  4. Toggle on Account Data Access
  5. Select the time period and confirm - In this step, please select โ€œUntil turned offโ€, once the team finishes, weโ€™ll let you know so you can disable it again.

Yes, it must have been when updating the driver automatically and there has been another user that has also happened to him, that I know of. Reinstalling the driver fixes it.

I found an error in the template in the definition of a subdriver, it should be outside the table zigbee_handlers ={}
I was like this in the driver version with the error:

zigbee_handlers = {
    global = {
      [zcl_clusters.OnOff.ID] = {
        [zcl_global_commands.DEFAULT_RESPONSE_ID] = default_response_handler
      }
    },
    cluster = {
      [zcl_clusters.Groups.ID] = {
        [zcl_clusters.Groups.commands.GetGroupMembershipResponse.ID] = Groups_handler
      },
    },
    attr = {
        [zcl_clusters.OnOff.attributes.OnOff.ID] = on_off_attr_handler
      },
      [zcl_clusters.SimpleMetering.ID] = {
        [zcl_clusters.SimpleMetering.attributes.CurrentSummationDelivered.ID] = energy_meter_handler
      },
    },
    sub_drivers = { require("device-temperature")},
  },

it should be like this:

zigbee_handlers = {
    global = {
        [zcl_global_commands.DEFAULT_RESPONSE_ID] = default_response_handler
      }
    },
    cluster = {
      [zcl_clusters.Groups.ID] = {
        [zcl_clusters.Groups.commands.GetGroupMembershipResponse.ID] = Groups_handler
      },
    },
    attr = {
        [zcl_clusters.OnOff.attributes.OnOff.ID] = on_off_attr_handler
      },
      [zcl_clusters.SimpleMetering.ID] = {
        [zcl_clusters.SimpleMetering.attributes.CurrentSummationDelivered.ID] = energy_meter_handler
      },
    },
    --sub_drivers = { require("device-temperature")},
  },
  sub_drivers = { require("device-temperature")},

Worse, it doesnโ€™t give me any problems in the installation on hub v3 firmware 48.02, and neither do other users of the driver. The only thing is that the โ€œdevice-temperatureโ€ subdriver does not run because it is not registered.

I donโ€™t know if this have something to do with the error

@Mariano_Colmenarejo @nayelyz

Driver ID Zigbee Switch Power Mc, version 2023-05-28T10:37:37:696271832
Hub logs sent
Account Data access granted โ€œforeverโ€
Samsung Account info DMโ€™ed

And, yes, the device (Develco SPLZB-131) is not operable anymore

I hope that is all.

I will not have physical access to the hub and the device(s) for the next few days from now

I am going to make and publish the corrected TEST version so that you can use it and do not uninstall the version that is installed until it tells us @nayelyz

Driver Id    3f97d8f1-e20a-4150-878f-d3048f455477
 Name         Zigbee Switch Power Mc-TEST
 Version      2023-05-29T15:20:33.348478641
1 Like

Itโ€™s typically called a โ€œchild lockโ€œ feature.

Some Eaton Cooper zwave models have it.

https://www.eaton.com/content/dam/eaton/products/wiring-devices-and-connectivity/wiring-devices/z-wave-plus/z-wave-plus-universal-smart-dimmer-spec-sheet-td610129en.pdf

Nortek also had a few Z wave models with the child lock feature, but I think those have all been discontinued.

There were groovy DTH is that exposed the child lock feature for both the Eaton Cooper and the nortek models, but I donโ€™t know if thatโ€™s supported in any edge drivers yet.

The Aeotec nanomote quad is a battery powered zwave button device with a child lock feature.

Tuya also makes some wall switches, thermostats, and smart plugs with a child lock option, but they all use proprietary code, and I donโ€™t think that feature is exposed to SmartThings.

1 Like