[Newbie question] Easy Energy Metering / Monitoring of smart plugs (EU)

Glad you’re finding useful stuff!

If your device’s exact “fingerprint” is not included in the driver, then it will not be available to assign to that device. You will need to ask the edge driver author to add the fingerprint.

Sounds like it might be helpful to read the community FAQ on edge drivers. It will explain much more:

FAQ: I have no idea what Edge is. Is that a new developer tool? (2022)

One small note: I don’t have any YouTube videos, that must be someone else. (I am quadriparetic and my speech can be slurred and hard to understand.)

And one more note: it looks like your link got cut off. I think you meant this one:

https://www.zigbee2mqtt.io/devices/TS011F_plug_1.html

1 Like

Hi @FoxBazo

I need the device information, manufacturer, model snd clusters.
You can install zigbee thing Mc driver and pair this device to see the device all information.

For tuya wifi devices i have not any driver

1 Like

Hi @JDRoberts,
Yes my link has been truncated but your link is the right one. We can see that Nous A1Z is a “white brand” of the Tuya TS011F_plug_1.
Sorry for the confusion with the Youtube video. “Bud’s Smart Home” has shown one of your posts in his Video “How to install an Edge driver…” so I thought, it was you ;-).
Despite all the drivers I have installed, the option “driver” is still missing for the Nous A1Z plug. I only have Edit & Information. So I have to figure out how to get the “fingerprint” of this plug…
Thanks for your help anyway, you have been very helpful and friendly. Nice community for SmartThings, I like it !

1 Like

Hello @Mariano_Colmenarejo,
Thanks for your answer and the drivers you have programmed. I have registered to “Mariano Shared Beta Driver” and installed Zigbee Thing Mc amongst other drivers. I have deleted the smart plug from the hub and then pair it again. In the 3-dots menu, I don’t have yet any “Driver” option and in the Information screen, there is only “Controller version (2.3.17-11)”.
I have installed a bunch of other drivers and now the smart plug is found with the driver Zigbee Power/Meter Mc. So it measures Power and energy but I cannot control it as a smart plug any more but at least, I have got progress thanks to your drivers.
Now, I have the driver option so I have changed to Zigbee Thing Mc and I have found the missing info:
Manufacturer: _TZ3000_2putqrmw
Model: TS011F
Fingerprinted_Endpoint.id: 0x01
App version: 0x4D
ZCL version: 0x03
Network ID: 0x50D4
Zigbee EUI: A4C13849BA5438CE
Device ID: c5eb75ef-59c7-4661-8e85-623de1998b89

1 Like

I HAVE SUCCEEDED !
Thanks for your help to both of you. Here is the procedure:

1. Pair the Nous A1Z with default driver → I only have a switch ON/OFF and no “driver” option
  2. Install the driver Zigbee Power/Meter Mc and then pair again → This time a power/meter is detected but no switch ON/OFF but the “driver” option appears !
  3. I can change the driver to Zigbee Switch from the SmartThings Drivers (Beta) → I have both the power/energy meter and the switch !
    I do not know why I cannot pair it directly to the driver Zigbee Switch but at least I have a reproductible procedure for the other smart plugs.
    @Mariano_Colmenarejo I have found your paypal link on Github :wink:
    @JDRoberts give me your paypal link, the least I can do is to pay you a coffee !
1 Like

@JDRoberts give me your paypal link, the least I can do is to pay you a coffee !

Not at all necessary, I am happy to help. I don’t do any real work such as the developers like Mariano do. Just “pay it forward” by helping someone else on the forum someday.

Welcome again! :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Bud makes some excellent videos. :sunglasses:

His handle here is @Buds_Smart_Home .

3 Likes

Hi @FoxBazo

Added to this driver version in case you need

───────────────────────────────────────────────────
 Name         Zigbee Switch Power Mc
 Version      2023-05-05T21:17:34.707129708        
- id: "_TZ3000_2putqrmw/TS011F"
    deviceLabel: TS011F Lidl Plug
    manufacturer: _TZ3000_2putqrmw
    model: TS011F
    deviceProfileName: switch-power-energy-plug

Surely it has been matched with stock beta driver by the generic clusters 0006, 0702 and 0B04.
Most TS011F model need a divider by 100 for total energy.
The stock driver uses a divisor by 1, if the device doesn’t tell it which divisor to use, which is the case with most of the Tuya devices.
If you see that this is your case then you can change to my driver

2 Likes

Hi @Mariano_Colmenarejo,
I have seen the new driver with more features than the Zigbee Switch from the beta pack, thanks.
However, indeed the energy meter is incorrect while the power meter is correct.
The energy should be divided by 100.
So my next objective is to change the deviceLabel to “Nous A1Z” and apply a divider to the energy meter.
I guess I can find this information on the community forum.
Thanks for all.

@Mariano_Colmenarejo

I haven’t figured out how to do that. Can you guide me please?

Hi @FoxBazo

In the zigbee switch power Mc is divided by 100.
Uninstall the device with the App and reinstall it to configure device and reset the erroneous energy reading.

1 Like

Hi @Mariano_Colmenarejo
I have removed the devices, removed the drivers and unenrolled the MC channel then enroll again, add the driver Zigbee Switch Power MC then I have paired the smart plug BUT the energy is still counting 100 times too fast. I’m sorry but I believe the divisor is not yet 100 in the driver zigbee switch power mc.

Hi @FoxBazo

The current driver has a divisor by 100

This driver version has a divisor by 10000, try it

Version      2023-05-06T18:07:00.936202605        
1 Like

Hello @Mariano_Colmenarejo,
I’d like to ask you 3 things if you don’t mind:

1. Can you set the energy divisor of the plug _TZ3000_2putqrmw/TS011F back to 100 instead of 10.000, I have different reading depending on the plugs, I’d like to be sure.
  2. How can I reste the energy consumption of each plug ? (maybe with a command of smartthings CLI)
  3. on the plug that correctly read the energy consumption, if I go to settings and set “Signal Metrics Visible in History” to Visible, I expect to find the energy reading in the “Life/Energy” section, however in this section, I only see the message “You haven’t added any supported devices yet”. What should I do to gather all energy consumption metrics of each plug in this chart ?
    Thanks in advance for your help.
    Best regards.

That feature is intended for Samsung appliances, and does not work with your smart plug.

Supports 2021 models of Samsung air conditioner, washer, dryer, dishwasher, air dresser, air purifier, and vacuum cleaner. All Samsung Family Hub 6.0 refrigerators are supported.

1 Like

Hi @FoxBazo

Divisor set to 100 in this driver version

Version      2023-05-11T19:16:29.581740702        

if you mean how to reset the power of each plug, you can do it with a routine like this in the Then part

I think @JDRoberts answer is correct, I don’t know if in the future they will extend it to all devices that measure power and energy

2 Likes

Again, thank you very much for your answer @JDRoberts and @Mariano_Colmenarejo. I did the following steps, I hope everything is correct:

• Removed all plugs from the ST Hub
  • Uninstall the drivers
  • Unenroll the Mariano’s channel
  • Enroll the Mariano’s channel again
  • Reinstall the drivers
  • Add the devices again
  • Define a routine to reset the energy counter (tested and it works)
  • Check that the power readings of the plug is realistic compared to the real load plugged (and yes, it is)
    The last thing I have to do is to check in 1h if the energy counter of each plug presents realistic figures or at least, if there is a reading error due to a bad divisor, I expect that all the plugs will present the same error to be able to adjust this divisor.
2 Likes

Hello @Mariano_Colmenarejo
After a counter reset and a close monitoring of two days of the zigbee plugs with different loads, I have determined that the divisor should be 1000 for the plugs _TZ3000_2putqrmw/TS011F. Indeed, it seems that the energy counter is simply in Wh, so a divisor of 1000 will count in kWh.
I have unfortunately 1 of the 4 plugs which acts completely weird. But if I ignore this one, the 3 others are consistent in the reporting of the energy consumption.
Thanks in advance to change once again this divisor. This is the definitive change this time (let’s hope :wink: ).
Best regards.

For me: only the Aqara SmartOutlet (SP-EUC01/Zigbee) works natively within the Energy Service, showing PowerConsumption and cumulative stats. It also can be used with the EnergyService Automations and Reports.
Smartthings Outlets (Zigbee) do not work for me as well as the Aeotec Smart Switch 6 (Z-Wave).

Also working as a main energy measurement device is the poweropti by Powerfox, but I think this is limited to the german (-speaking) markets.
Aeotecs Energy Meter 5 worked within the Smartthings App for a short time for me, but I didnt get to test it within the Energy Service, because it generated to much wrong readings.

Aqara Plug is named “Schreibtisch” in these screenshots:

3 Likes

Hi @FoxBazo

Try this TEST driver version with preference options for custom divisors for Power and Energy in individual devices.
The default value is 0, then the defaults divisor in the driver will be applied
You can set to value 0 to revert to default divisor in individual devices

Name         Zigbee Switch Power Mc-TEST
 Version      2023-05-16T12:52:10.604083648
- name: "simpleMeteringDivisor1"
    title: "Custom Simple Metering Divisor"
    description: "If you device has Power & Energy measurement then this Custom Divisor is used for Total Energy Calcualtioins. Some devices could use it for Power Instantaneous Demand calcualtions too, instead the Active Power. SET TO DEFAULT VALUE= 0, TO USE DEFAULTS DIVISOR OF DRIVER."
    required: false
    preferenceType: number
    definition:
      minimum: 0
      maximum: 1000000
      default: 0
  - name: "electricalMeasureDiviso1"
    title: "Custom Electrical Measure Divisor"
    description: "This Custom divisor will be used for Active Power Calcualtioins. SET TO DEFAULT VALUE= 0, TO USE DEFAULTS DIVISOR OF DRIVER."
    required: false
    preferenceType: number
    definition:
      minimum: 0
      maximum: 1000000
      default: 0
1 Like