Edge Device Driver Development/ Not supported in Private

Hello,

When I choose the option Zigbee/ZWave options in the developer workspace, it states that this is not supported in the private workspace.

I just got the Sage Dorrbell device from Ebay. It works okay with a groovy based device driver written by someone else.

But some of the functionality of the device driver is not longer supported as the device driver was written a long time ago.

I was thinking if I was going to write a device driver I should start with edge so that it runs local.

How do I do that?

Thanks in advance!

The developer workspace is the wrong place to look. You’ll write the driver in Lua on your local machine in the IDE of your choice, and then use the CLI to package and install the driver onto your hub. The two links below are good places to start - one has instructions for installing the hello world example driver and the other has info on setting up your IDE.

2 Likes

Thank you for your input, @philh30!

He’s right, @professordave. Edge drivers can help you integrate your Zigbee and Z-Wave devices.
If you have any questions regarding your integration and I can help you out :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: