Ecosmart LED Smart Bulbs

How do you intend to control them? Manually in the app? With a zigbee or Z-wave button/remote? With some other trigger like motion?

If you want to control a few lights as a group with a remote like the Aeotec minimote that’s pretty simple. Just use the built-in Smart Lighting smartapp.

If you mean you want to manually control them as a group I think you’re right that ST doesn’t make that as easy. But there are community-developed smartapps that are able to create master and slave dimmers (i.e. one dimmer changes and others follow automatically). Rule machine was one, which I use, but the developer withdrew support and the code’s no longer available. CoRE was developed by others as a replacement for Rule Machine, and while I haven’t tried it out yet, I’m sure it can do that. Both of those apps are pretty sophisticated rules engines.

There are probably also simpler, purpose-built smartapps out there for this purpose as well. I’ve used this one for a few GE link bulbs in my bedroom; I don’t know whether it will work for your Ecosmart bulbs. Try searching around the forums with the terms “master,” “slave” and “dimmer” to see what you can find.

If you don’t know how to install custom smartapps (I’m guessing you don’t from your post, since you appear to have just discovered the existence of the IDE, i.e. the website that you can login to and change various settings for your hub, devices and smartapps), check out the wiki created by this community.

I just got one of these to play with, and I noticed the light start to flicker after cycling colours for an hour or so.

The event history wasn’t catching it, so I think the LEDs may have been overheating…

Anyone else have this behaviour?

Nope, haven’t noticed that…

Question, how did you make them cycle colours?

Got some of the RGBW (decent lamps), to bad Google Home can’t get them to a decent white.

Wow these lamps are weird (RGBW anyway) I’ve tried every device type in IDE and the ones here and no matter what they can’t get whites correct, and never turn on 100% from a routine or Smart Lighting.

Also with any device type when I run a routine or use Smart Lighting it will show the correct color temperature in SM (but the bulb is way off) and if i just touch the slider in the position it’s in the lamp will go to the correct level and temperature.

Any one have any input…?

No one using the rgbw lamps seen the white color temp issue?

I’ve been using the Ecosmart RGBW for a few months now. I could never get the bulbs back to the warm white I liked after changing to a color. My solution was to use the Core app. I created a virtual switch called ‘normal’ in the IDE. With Core I used the ‘color temperature’ feature and linked my switch to it. Using the app I set the switch to change the bulb to the color temperature ‘2700k’ (warm white) and it works like a charm. I just tell Google home to turn on ‘normal’ and the virtual switch changes the bulb to my set color temperature.

Ive added a core piston that will change the temp to 2700k when they turn on. its a walk around just wish there was a DH solution.

I’ve tried multiple times to get the Ecosmart A19 bulb setup but I’m still not able to connect to it. I’m using the V1 hub. i’m able to do a reset and have the bulb dim and blink 3 times but the bulb doesn’t show in the App or under my devices on the website. Any suggestions?

Scott, the Ecosmart bulbs are detected as “Thing” after you add them. You need to login to the web IDE and change the device type. I’m using “ZigBee White Color Temperature Bulb” for the GU10 white LEDs, and “ZigBee RGBW Bulb” for the A19 color LED bulbs: Changing Device Handler after Install

I just purchased an Ecosmart A19 color LED to check it out. Warm white seems to work fine, using the standard “Smart Lighting” app and choosing “Turn On & Set Color”, and for color “Warm White - Relax”. You can get them back to white if you select a color temperature …it sounds like CORE is a good bet there.

Yea, I have them working. The trick is to not pick a white colour on the wheel, but to use the temperature slider for white, and the wheel for colours.

To do this you need to pick the Zigbee RGBW device type, not the RGB.

Hope that helps.

Anyone using a different device type that works better? I found that most of my lights set to GE Link bulbs offer options to make them dim, but the Zigbee RGBW doesn’t allow for dim speeds.

Connected 60W Equivalent Daylight (5000K) A19 Dimmable LED Light Bulb
Ecosmart

Just bought 2 of these bulbs from Home Depot since they were on sale ($12.98 ea)

Smartthings discovered them as “Thing” and I changed their type to “ZigBee Dimmer”

both bulbs working great so far… just a no frills dimmable smart bulb

not sure I want to experiment with their “tunable white” or colour bulbs given the amount of problems the rest of you are having…

Ok, I’m baffled. I was able to reset the bulb and, when I followed the pairing instructions, the bulb blinked to indicate that it was paired. However, the device does not show (even as “Thing”) in my device list at graph.api…/device/list nor at graph.api…/hub/show. There are no new devices, only the same ones I had before.

So… now what?

Have you look on the ST app under things? I find it’s easier to find. Depending on how you name you custom DTH. It could be having the same name as the DTH.

Yeah, not in the app either. I’ve reset and re-added it a few times now and no joy.

Is there a way to add it manually?

If you know the bulb zigbee ID then you could manually add it but I am not sure you know. One more thing to try is bring it closer to the hub and also open up the log window in IDE while adding the bulb. Maybe you will see some activities. I have a couple of Ecosmart GUI10 bulbs and I remember the bulbs blinked and no go until I move them closer to the hub.

Ok! Moving the bulb to within one foot of the hub seemed to do the trick! Thanks! And combined with the custom device type by snakedog116, this is now working perfectly!

Thanks to all for your help!

If your bulb is not color bulb. You can pick GE link bulb as your DTH and that will give you local processing for the bulb.

My bulb been working for a year and sometime ago started acting up, it would not work consistently. I just flipped the power on and off a bunch of time, deleted it off my smart things, and then re-paired it, but the issue persist.

Now that with the zigbee RGBW profile, it would turn on and off, change temperature, but if i use the color wheel, it would just turn off. Also the maximum 100% brightness is like 10% of what it used to be.

Is anyone else having this issue or its just me having a defective bulb?

Recently bought these bulbs from HD Canada. Unfortunately it seems some of the colours are way off, specifically the greens which look more like blues. Anyone have any recommendations?