Ecosmart LED Smart Bulbs

It does not. To be specific of what I’m doing:

“st cmd 0x${device.deviceNetworkId} 0x${device.endpointId} 6 1 {}”

That should work if device.endpointId is returning 01…What if you just use?

“st cmd 0x${device.deviceNetworkId} 1 6 1 {}”

Same thing, no change. I’ve ordered a Zigbee sniffer to see what the Wink is doing that I’m not. It’s caught my curiosity enough…

That is really weird! Do you have any zigbee devices working on your hub? You said v1 hub, so maybe you never got the zigbee firmware update? Your zigbee firmware should be 1.5.4 and can be found on the My Hub tab of the IDE.

SmartThings stuff works on it. Zigbee firmware is… aha. zigbeeFirmware: 1.3.1

There you go! Can’t believe there are still some stragglers out there…

You should be able to email support and get that updated pretty quickly. Maybe once you get the automated ticket, you could post the ticket # and tag one of the community guys like @slagle or @jody.albritton to see if they can get it moved through faster since it’s an identified and easy fix.

1 Like

Request sent. I’m not in that much of a hurry. Ticket 184733 though. :slight_smile: @slagle

Update: Firmware was updated and the light bulbs now work! Now I get to return a Wink Hub.

I’m unable to find any of these bulbs on Home Depot’s US website. Can anyone post a link if they’re available in the US? Thanks.

Hi,
I tried to get to the code for the RGB Ecosmart code but I get 404 not found.

Please let me know when I can get it.

As for the tunable, how can I make it come up all the time as daylight or warm? As you know, sometimes they get turned off from switch? would they remember last setting?

Thanks,

Try this:

SmartThings-Snakedog116/devicetypes/snakedog116/zigbee-rgbw-temp-bulb.src/zigbee-rgbw-temp-bulb.groovy

or this:
SmartThingsPublic/devicetypes/smartthings/zigbee-rgbw-bulb.src/zigbee-rgbw-bulb.groovy

Sadly no. When the physical power is toggled, pretty much all zigbee bulbs will come on at full brightness in a preset color/color temp depending on the type of bulb. Only Osram bulbs connected to the Lightify Gateway currently provide an option to change that default, but they still can’t just come on at their previous setting, just a predefined default.

Unfortunately, none of them worked fully.

On/Off, Dimming, Temp worked.
But color changes didn’t work.

The only thing that is close to working if the Device “Zigbee Hue Bulb” for the EcoSmart color led bulb. The only problem with that one is that it has no temp, and the color blue is wrong :slightly_smiling:

I hope Smartthings will have built in support for all the EcoSmart bulbs.

Thanks,

I just installed 7 of the Ecosmart PAR20 Smart Lights (bright white, 3000K, 6W, 450 lumens) and am very impressed. I had tried the GE-Link A19 in the same overhead fixtures and found not enough light (kitchen, 10 ft ceiling track lighting). These Ecosmart bulbs are bright, and because they are Par20 lights, far more light is focused where we want it. The GE-link BR30 lights are 4" across, so too big for the fixture we are using.

I also installed 4 of the Ecosmart GU10 Smart Lights (6W, 3000K, 450 lumens). Again, they are excellent.

The Ecosmart bulbs lumen rating is almost half of the Ge-Link 800 lumen A19, bulbs, however the room looks much brighter due to the more focused light of the Par20 bulbs.

These lights were all detected as “Thing” in Smartthings. I followed the instructions to log into the developer web site and edit their type to use the ZigBee White Color Temperature Bulb device type. They now work as expected.

White bulbs are good. But the RGB one, works uwing Zigbee Hue Bulb if changed type manually but colors don’t match well, for example green gives blue :slight_smile:

hope smartthings add they support as they are a good easy to grab alternative to all the other ones from home depot.

Did anyone ever figure out how to reset these bulbs, I cant get them to pair with my v2 Hub. I have a Tunable White and a RGBW.

Edit: Just pulled the RGBW out of the package and it paired right away.

You can reset them like the GE-link. On for 4 seconds, off for four seconds … repeat this five times.

Hi.

I tried adding a RGB one last night. ST found it quickly but called it Thing and said ‘Please wait’. And stayed that way. Removed it and retried several times with identical results.

This morning I looked on this thread, and saw the on/off 4 seconds thing and tried that to see if it would make a difference. Now ST does not find it at all.

Any suggestions?

2016-06-20
Thanks anyways, but I have opted to just return these to the store. I was hoping for an inexpensive colored bulb to go outside to work along side security cam motion sensors, but I’m thinking that I will just pay full price for a bulb that actually works with the system. I’m glad some folks were able to get these cheaper ones functioning. :slight_smile:

Cael,

I’d suggest you don’t give up. Mine work perfectly. Try instead of auto adding them, add them from the IDE.

Ok everybody, here’s how to get it to work. Or at least how I did. Thanks for everyone else above in this thread that helped me figure all this out.

1. Install your new bulb/reset your old one by turning it on and off for three seconds a handful of times (not sure how many, five worked for me).

2. Go into smartthings app, add new thing (generic), and let it search. I found that starting this just before turning the bulb on the first time worked well.

3. Nothing will happen on the smartthings app. It won’t “find” anything. That is a lie. You’ll notice, your bulb should flash a few times. That means it’s paired.

4. Go to your developer panel (this part sucks if you haven’t signed up for this yet…maybe there’s an alternative means?), click on your hub, and scroll down to your devices. You’ll see a new thing just called “THING”. Edit that.

5. Change the name etc to whatever you want, then change the type. I chose a ZLL Dimmer Bulb because my bulbs are well, a GU10 dimmer bulb (no temp or colour). Hit save.

Tada! Hope this worked for more people than just me…

I have a helpful testimony to add.

I just received my SmartThings V2 this evening and I was trying to pair up 3 EcoSmart RGB bulbs in my bathroom.

The GE reset tip that I found in this forum was the first thing of note that I found. Start there. on for 3 seconds (count to 3-5) off for 3 seconds and then on again for a few seconds. after doing it 5 times. turn it on and wait an extra second. The bulb(s) will dim and refresh. good reset

I went to the smartthings app on my phone and hit connect to thing (there is no preset for the ecosmart. none). if and when the bulb connects to your smartthing it will pulse/flicker/dim briefly. you are connected.

I found the bulbs on the app on my phone. I named them and I added them to a room. The sat in the ‘waiting stage’…and sat and sat. I redid the whole again and still they sat.

I was ready to return the damned bulbs. I googled. and found this

https://graph.api.smartthings.com/login/auth

Once you’re logged in. Click on Devices at the top. I found all three bulbs were showing here. Click on the display name of the thing. This will take you to the info screen for your device. Scroll to the bottom and click the Edit button. This will bring up a new screen with items you can manipulate. Import to us here is the Type* field. Mine was set to “SMART TV”. Change it to ZigBee RGBW bulb. Click the update button at the bottom of the screen. VOILA!

Now in your app you will see you bulb and it will have an on/off, brightness and color choice.

I really hope this helps others.

I have a question of my own. How to group three bulbs together in the smart things app so I can manipulate them simultaneously. Change color, dim/bright, on/off. All at once. is that so hard…

2 Likes