I have the ecolink motion sensor working nicely with ST. There is a known bug when pairing this device to ST but they say they are working on it. In the mean time, here is a way around the bug.
First, if you have ever paired any of the ecolink sensors (including tilt) with any other system, you first need to unpair the device. This is done by going to the ide site from your computer to add a fake device and then from your phone unpairing the real device.
Here are the details to unpair a device that is paired to another system (also good for troubleshooting a device that is not working):
- Log into here: https://graph.api.smartthings.com
- My Devices
- New Device
- Fill in required fields. Pick a random name and pick a Device hexidecimal device ID that is not in use. ex: 1A. For type pick z-wave door/window sensor then select your location and hub. Click Create
- From the phone app, find the newly-created device under Things, click the gear in the top right of the device, click Preferences, and then remove.
- Then remove the battery and put it back in.
- It will tell you it either found the device to unpair or it unpaired an unrelated device. If it does that, then click Force Delete if the message is still there.
Now to add the motion sensor:
- In the phone app, click the plus sign to get into setup
- Click Connect New Device
- Remove the battery of the motion detector and put it back in
- It will detect as a door/window - Just click Done
- Go back to https://graph.api.smartthings.com
- Click My Devices
- Click on the device you just added that was picked up as a door/window sensor
- In the Type drop down, select Z-wave Motion Sensor
You should be good to go.