Echo Speaks Examples

(Alex Gallanis) #244

So i’m having an issue with Echo Speaks. I have a WebCore piston that when its time for my alarm to go off it checks if i fell asleep in my bedroom or in my living room and then starts playing my favorite radio morning show on the Echo in the correct room. For some reason, when it tries to play on the Dot in my living room it works fine but nothing happens when it tries to play on the Dot in my bedroom. When looking at the webcore piston log it says everything happened properly and there was no errors, but it still just doesnt play. Any suggestions about what is going wrong?

(Jean May Jr) #245

First thing I check in these situations is the volume. Can’t tell the number of times the volume wasn’t what I thought it was.

(Alex Gallanis) #246

Yes I checked the volume first as well. 100%. Also i added a line to set the volume level to 100% because that was my first thought too but it still doesnt work.

(Jean May Jr) #247

Instead of Set level, try the setVolume command. I’d also set the volume before executing the Play command just to be on the safe side.

(Glen King) #248

This could be an issue with the Echo unit itself.
My living room Echo dot had a few months where it was less than responsive. It has been working fine since January,but prior to that it had that flakiness going on. A power off/on would always reset it to functionality for a few weeks.