I have a piston that says “Goodnight” and plays lullabies for 30 minutes when a specific light switch is turned off. Or, at least, that’s what it used to do. For some reason it stopped working and nothing I’ve done can get it to work again. What I have here is the latest version of the piston. I’ve made sure that Heruko has the current Amazon authorization cookie. I’ve made sure the Echo is available to webCoRE as every possible device type that it appears in. When I turn off the switch, I can see the commands executing in the piston. When I look at the device activity in the SmartThings app, I can see the commands have been sent to the device. When I look at the webCoRE trace log (full) everything is normal. So to all appearances, the commands are being sent but the Echo is simply ignoring them. I get the same results – or more precisely, lack of results – using other Echo devices. I’ve made sure all my device handlers and smartapps are current.
The fact that this used to work flawlessly, and then one day just stopped working, is especially exasperating.