Echo - SmartThings Integration in UK

UK Smartthings support or UK Amazon support?

@mudshark UK SmartThings support

1 Like

Is there any point in raising it with Amazon? I figure they’ll just dismiss it since it’s an unsupported region.

Here is another update from SmartThings UK support, it’s good to see they are providing frequent updates :-

“Thanks for the patience - we are aware of the issue and currently investigating it. Please bear with me I will update you once I know more.”

There I was thinking Alexa was just being moody with me, one minute so polite and obeying every command and then "sorry…

1 Like

Still no news then guys?

Nothing further from support yet - I will nudge them today!

i have just got the same reply from support
"Your problem has been trending over the last few days, engineering are currently diving deep into the issue, to find a fix! Please bear with us, as soon as there is a solution I will let you know."

I emailed Amazon support, what the hell I thought, about UK release, below is the answer I got, which was what I expected.

Hello,

From your mail, I can understand that you wish to know when the Alexa products on Echo, tap, dot will be available to purchase in UK.

Amazon Tap and Echo Dot are currently only available to customers in the U.S. and will only dispatch to a U.S. address.

For the latest information about these devices, visit the product detail page:
https://www.amazon.com/echodot
https://www.amazon.com/tap

We’ve made no announcement about the launch of these products in amazon.co.uk, so unfortunately we don’t know when they’ll be available here. However to serve you at my best, I’ve contacted the products group team to make sure that they are launched here soon, as many customers like you are very much interested.

An update from another thread :-

Doesn’t mention about non discovery of devices but fingers crossed!

2 Likes

Yayyy. Echo has for the first time found my Smartthings devices today. Anyone else?

1 Like

Likewise! It appears to be fixed

Good stuff. Let’s hope it stays that way

Hurrah! All sorted for me!

1 Like

Yes fixed for me too

1 Like

It is, however, doing what other have reported and making a ‘ding’ sound instead of “ok”. Can’t complain, though; I’m just happy it’s working.

1 Like

All good for me too again!

Thank you Amazon and/or SmartThings!

I am desperately trying to source an Echo, not having too much joy at the moment. Really don’t want to pay £250 off flea bay

Create an account on Amazon.com (I used my UK account/email address). Register with MyUS.com and have Amazon deliver it to the Florida address they provide I didn’t actually do that with mine as a mate was over in California for a few weeks, but I’m using the same ordering method for the Amazon Echo Dot.

That’s exactly what I plan to do in a few weeks.

In the meantime, I built one using an old Rasperberry Pi with a mic and also use the Roger app with the Alexa plug-in.

That lets me play with what an Echo can do, although I’m missing the magic ‘always listening’ functionality.