DumbThings up to its usual tricks again!

Can’t disable SHM…
Select (manually) Disarm, but, wait for it, straight back to Arm (Away) status
Trying to dismiss Alerts is an exercise in futility…

Live Logging shows:
97d03d73-xxxx-xxxx-81d2-77f8b3768e45 ‎10‎:‎50‎:‎02‎ ‎AM: error physicalgraph.api.StatusCodeException: Invalid http status code returned: 404
97d03d73-xxxx-xxxx-81d2-77f8b3768e45 ‎10‎:‎50‎:‎02‎ ‎AM: trace Dismissing Intrusion Incident

I pray for the day something better comes along so I can dump this crap and stop babysitting it.

J

And of course the status page says nothing in the world is wrong…
That stats page is as reliable as a wet piece of bread in support of world peace and hunger. Hope, nothing but false hope.

J

I’m sure that’s very frustrating! I don’t know about any of the specifics of your current situation, but I know that in the past when disarming failed, some people were able to make it work by switching from “armed away” to “armed” stay" to “unarmed.” It might be worth a try for now.

Definitely report the issue to support@smartthings.com

2 Likes

Sorry for the trouble! We’re not tracking any issues like this right now. Please email support@smartthings.com or use our live chat at http://support.smartthings.com.

FWIW that error in the logs is not indicative of an issue that would prevent you from dismissing Smart Home Monitor.

2 Likes

We’ve been working on improvements to the back-end services for SHM to make it much faster. This morning I switched a feature flag and it caused a race condition for existing open incidents. Not all incidents were impacted, so error rates didn’t increase enough to set off any of our internal monitoring. As soon as we noticed this was impacting users, I turned the feature flag back off.

The status page wasn’t updated because we didn’t know about the incident yet. Because the initial report time to resolution time was only about 20 minutes, we didn’t get the status updated in real time, but I believe we’re going to add an incident retroactively explaining what happened.

Sorry about this!

11 Likes