Double wall socket for UK?

I am the same. Energenie are cheap and a good substitute until a better alternative comes along. They are not the most reliable for sure!

Hello.
The Aurora’s are very stable, they turn on almost instantly and the only time i’ve had connection issues was when i messed around with customer device handlers … using the default ones seems to work perfectly. I have the connected directly to my ST v3 Hub.

As for the range, i can’t comment as i have many zigbee devices so my mesh network is pretty strong and stable.

I’ve installed three of the double sockets around my kitchen and living room, my only complaint would be that the LED lights that indicate whether the socket is on or off is very bright and there is no way of turning them off or reducing the brightness. I wouldn’t want these in my bedroom as a result. There used to be a Aurora representative who frequented this forum and said there would be a new device handler that would allow dimming or turning off the indicator light but this never materialised.

2 Likes

I purchased one of the BG units from Screwfix today and they can be linked to ST through IFTTT