Double wall socket for UK?

Hi Mark

That feature is currently only available on The Aurora Hub, but we’re hoping to bring this to SmartThings soon.

A customer device handler used in conjunction with the classic app may well be the answer in the meantime. I’ll see what I can come up with.

Thanks

Andy

2 Likes

Great thanks for such a prompt reply, for the LED’s its all about the “wife acceptance factor” :wink:

Hi Mark

So, the LED indicators use the standard dimming endpoint for lighting products.

So, as a workaround, if you change your device handler in the IDE for the “Smart Double Socket 1” to a “Zigbee Dimmer”, reboot the app, then you then get a dimmer bar in the app. Adjust to the desired level, then reset the device handler to “Zigbee Multi Switch Power” and hey presto.

This will allow you to set to a good level for the bedroom.

Hope that helps

Regards

Andy

3 Likes

Thanks for your help, I can confirm that worked!

1 Like

No problem. Happy to help!

Regards

Andy

1 Like

Bought an Aurora double socket this weekend and installed it, works a treat and looks good, set up was very easy just using the ST app.

Would be good to be able to dim the LEDs on the socket more easily as i’d like to place a few of these in the bed room and set up a an automation to dim/turn-off the LEDs when i go to bed.

One quirk i did find is that while each socket is treated as a different device in the ST app they do have different icons, one showing as a switch and one as an outlet, hope this get resolved at some point. the execution point is also in the cloud, was hoping this would be local.

Hi, that sounds good! Are you able to let me know where you purchased from please?

Got it here:

The have a branch near me in S.E London so went into the shop and got it.

The lowest dim is still pretty bright in daylight I find so I’ve not needed to keep changing it. If you do change the socket to a dimmer to change the brightness you will find you cannot change it back to being a Zigbee switch again (thats why you have a dimmer for one icon, although I dont think the below fixes that icon) which can lead to you not being able to control it. To get around this I raised a ticket with support and they had the following to help, it works for me just fine but is unsupported by the ST support team, they were just very helpful to provide this work around:

Blockquote If you still wish to give it a try, then they have advised to self publish the “Zigbee Multi Switch Power” Device Handler via the IDE (https://graph-eu01-euwest1.api.smartthings.com/) and remove the call to createChildDevices() in the installed() portion of the code. Once you publish this Device Handler in the IDE with those changes made, you can assign it to the Left Outlet device and it should stick. Because the Device Handler has been modified you will find it at the bottom of the list.

Hi. Is the power usage meant to work with st, mine registers nothing

Mine does:

1 Like

@AndyPrice-Aurora Any updates on a new DTH which will allow us to easily control the LED lights on your double wall socket? I want to put a few of these in the bedroom but with those LEDs won’t be appropriate at night. Was hoping I could set the LEDs for this room to turn off after sunset using ST automation etc.

@AndyPrice-Aurora Hi Andy, Any update on this please? I would also be interested in any update for dimming and energy consumpotion capabilities across both outlets (with maybe the power Icon for the second too). I have had limited success incorporating a dimmer pane in the classic app but it does not reflect in the new implementation. As @djsat2 says it would be very useful to have these available to ST automations.

1 Like

how did you get your socket to connect to smartthings? i have tried everything and its not being discovered

I just used the new SmartThings app to add it its listed in there as an option. Make sure you put it into pairing mode first.

If you hold down both power buttons for 5+ seconds they go into pairing mode. I then just connected through smartthings app.

@djsat2 - Good to hear that you got this working all ok.
Can you confirm whether these sockets successfully work as Zigbee repeaters?

Thanks

Well in the IDE it is defined as a router.

So presuming it is. I don’t have enough devices to need routing as they all correct direct to the hub.

1 Like

Great, thanks for your reply.
I had no reason to doubt it would, and this gives me more confidence.
Thanks

Hi all,

These double sockets are great - recently installed a few of them with ST. However I still have Not found a way to change the settings for the red ‘led rings’ around the on/off switch which is annoying. Can anyone help?