I just purchased the newest GE Z-Wave Plus Dimmer (#46203) and want to set up double (or more) tap functionality. I have Webcore set up but am brand new to both that and SmartThings in general. I found some old posts for earlier versions of the dimmer but I’m not sure if those apply. Any help would be appreciated!
You will need a custom dth for double tap functionality.
Can you explain how to set up the DTH? These instructions to set one up seem to be outdated.
- Log onto your account at account.smartthings.com
- Click on My Device Handlers tab at the top
- Click Settings button
- (unsure if you need to first create a Github account… its been a long time since my first custom DTH…)
- Under Owner/Name/Branch, fill in nuttytree/Nutty-SmartThings/master
- Click Save
- Click Update from Repo -> Select Nutty-SmartThings
- Select GE/Jasco Z-Wave Plus Dimmer Switch check box
- Click the Publish check box
- Click Execute Update button
- Click the My Devices tab
- Find your Dimmer Switch and click it
- Scroll down to Edit button
- Change the Type* to GE/Jasco Z-Wave Plus Dimmer Switch
- Click Update button
You will now be able to use the custom device handler.
I had to install WebCORE in order to make use of the double tap how I wanted.
FYI, in WebCORE, the double tap up is called Button #1 and double tap down is called button #2.
Awesome, thank you! I’ll try this tonight when I get home. Out of curiosity, can you only do 2 taps or can you take it further like other scene capable switches?
Sorry. I’ve only tried double taps. To me, the device handler only appears to have ability for 1 or 2 taps.
It looks as if everything installed as intended. However, I’m not sure how to set up the multi tap features after the last step. Any guidance would be appreciated!