DISCUSS Deals/Sales/Coupons/Pricing HERE (post deals in the other thread)

[quote=“nomisr, post:92, topic:42517, full:true”]
…but I believe the Costco ones are day light and not soft white, so if you want incandescent color, it’s not what you want.[/quote]

Actually, the words in my post are correct. These are indeed Soft White and NOT Daylight.
That’s from both what’s printed on the package AND what’s coming out of them here at home.

[quote=“nomisr, post:92, topic:42517, full:true”]
Feit bulbs from everything I’ve heard about them are probably one of the better LED brands out there…[/quote]

Cool! Thanks for the feedback. :slight_smile:

Good to hear about the soft white, at my local Costco, all they had were the daylights, maybe stock ran out and they got soft whites now.

I have a set of 4 of those, SW but non-dimmable, that I got for $6 at HD. They work just fine.

1 Like

From the post by @Jimxenus

That looks the same as the GE modules. Are they essentially the same except branding?

1 Like

I believe so but I can’t say for sure 100%. The price is OK, not a phenomenal deal. For a few bucks more, you can get the smaller Aeon Labs Dimmer that will also report power usage for $34.99 but this doesn’t have the extra pass-thru outlet.

I have similar Feit’s that I picked from Ace Hardware a few months back. They dim well on my GE dimmers but flicker below 30% in a 3 lamp vanity light on an Enerwave dimmer.
I pick up 12 for 60 and 36 back in rebates.

1 Like

This is the Announcements section we are talking about - we mere mortals are not allowed to create new topics there and I don’t think those who can have done so since I subscribed. But there are new posts in some of the existing topics and I didn’t get emails for them.

1 Like

So, even with mentioned dimming issue, still good deal for a buck a piece then (i.e. 12 for $12)?

[quote=“kicko, post:99, topic:42517, full:true”]
This is the Announcements section we are talking about - we mere mortals are not allowed to create new topics there and I don’t think those who can have done so since I subscribed. But there are new posts in some of the existing topics and I didn’t get emails for them.[/quote]

OK…ya, if you just subscribe to the section (or, ‘sub-forum’ in normal forum speak), you’d only get notifications for new threads created in the section. You wouldn’t get notifications for new posts in threads that you haven’t directly subscribed to (or at least that’s how it usually works on most other forums I’ve been on).

FWIW I much prefer how things are currently with two different threads. Not trying to stop anyone from posting whatever they want, but when it was just one deals thread I found there could be days with a few dozen discussion posts in between actual new deals.

1 Like

[quote=“DaPanda, post:1605, topic:34950, full:true”]
EZVIZ Mini 720p HD Wireless Home Security Cloud Camera - 3 Camera Kit on lightning deal sale starts at 9AM CDT. [/quote]

@DaPanda

Anybody know if these are compatible with either SmartThings or SmartTiles (sorry, I didn’t read the product details yet…because…um…I lost my glasses)?

Looking at the current price, I doubt they will discount it lower than $30 which is the current price of a similar item in Home Depot without any discounts: http://www.homedepot.com/p/Commercial-Electric-5-and-6-in-Smart-LED-Recessed-Downlight-53166161/206029900 This one in HD is Zigbee though. But it is tunable, works with the Osram Lightify device handler.

1 Like

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/philips-friends-of-hue-120-lumen-12w-lightstrip-luminaire-starter-kit-15w-equivalent-6-6-multicolor/3286197.p?id=1219090034698&skuId=3286197&ref=199&loc=wPYnFnyU8sk&acampID=3286197&siteID=wPYnFnyU8sk-Lci32Y6KL6TM9iH0EfwqyQ

Anyone know if this is 2nd generation?

I do see a few threads that mention Amcrest cams on the forum, but does anybody know if these are compatible yet…

1. with SmartThings?
  2. with SmartTiles?

If so (either), this seems like a pretty acceptable price to get a cam going.

Is this compatible with Smartthings? If so I might order this.

A quick search on Amazon suggests the round hubs are 1st generation. From the pic it also looks like a round hub so I guess it may be 1st.

1 Like

Amcrest is a brand of Foscam. Foscam is kind of supported by SmartThings and SmartTiles, so, there is a chance. By “kind of supported” I mean - I can control my Foscam from SmartThings but I can’t see video or still images, I wasn’t able to set up live feed in SmartTiles but I was able to set it up to show snapshots every 5 sec, which is enough for my needs.

1 Like

Those are the 1st Gen, and only a " deal" if you need a 1st gen Hue Hub. You can get the 2nd Gen light strips for $89 from Amazon and Best Buy among others.

Is the 1st gen upgradable? What is the difference between Gen 1 and 2? I don’t have any Hue products yet and don’t want to start off with something that has one foot out the door.

I’m not interested in Siri, so that’s a non issue if that’s the only advantage to the gen 2 hub.

1 Like

I can’t see the 1st gen hubs being on the way out, since here are literally millions of them in service. The 2nd gen lights however are an improvement as far as true color and brightness. ( Or so I’ve heard ). I believe the 2nd Gen hub have a better radio, but the actually functionality is the same. My Gen 1 hub has no problem controlling syncing bulbs and lights ( both old and new ) spread out across my house from the basement to the daughter’s office on the 2nd floor in the back of the house.

Gen 2 Hub is " certified " for Apple whatever home control Siri integration.

One of the reviewers on Amazon had this to say “The new LightStrip Plus that is 1600 lumens with a wide color gamut, not the old, dim LightStrip at 120 lumens. It also features fully adjustable
color temperature on the white, since it features 5 separate color channels: R, G, B, Warm white and Cool white. (The old LightStrip featured only 3 channels: R, G & B.)”

I have the new 2nd Gen Lightstrip Plus and it is very bright. At only 120 lumens, that’s probably good for just some accent lighting.