Discontinuation of MyQ Connect Community SmartApp

There is an integration for MyQ…

1 Like

great, thanks for the confirmation.

Resurrecting this topic as there seems to be Chamberlain news. Here’s what I’ve noticed so far:

• 12/26 @ 3:48 PM EST, SmartThings notified me that the MyQ smart app failed due to bad login. This is the first time seeing the error, been using it successfully for years.
  • Verified my credentials using MyQ app, Bridge is working as expected, only the ST integration is failing.

My working hypothesis is that Chamberlain finally disabled the unsupported API which until yesterday, had been working.

I went to my plan B, IFTTT and saw there was a channel, so I activated it. However, there’s some bad news — looks like they will be monetizing it in the future. I suggest everyone go to IFTTT and authorize MyQ if they want to use this, as the Chamberlain web portal has this threat that activation is “free for a limited time”. See attached pic.

MyQ was experiencing issues across the board yesterday for a short period which affected everything and was not isolated to the MyQ Lite smartapp. Services were restored and everything is working now. If your MyQ Lite app is not working, you may want to check that you have the latest version installed. If you need assistance, you should post in the MyQ Lite thread.

Other than that, users really don’t need to check out the IFTTT alternative unless they really want to. MyQ has not disabled anything at this point. They simply experienced a system outage of some type on dec 26th.

1 Like

You’re absolutely right, thanks for the detail! MyQ Lite is working again.