This SmartApp integrates Chamberlain/LiftMaster MyQ doors and light controls into SmartThings. It creates a garage door or light switch (MyQ light module, not the light on the door itself) device in your list of Things and allows you to control the device...
- By tapping the device buttons in the SmartThings mobile app
- Automatically by your presence (coming or going) in a Routine or other SmartThings rules app
- Via switch tiles in a SmartTiles dashboard
- By asking Alexa or Google Home to turn the on the door or light
Installation and Usage
- Follow the instructions and get the code here: https://github.com/brbeaird/SmartThings_MyQ. Make sure and install the SmartApp code as well as the applicable device handlers
- An optional (but strongly recommended) Contact/Tilt Sensor can be used to show the status of the door within SmartThings but is not required for basic open/close functionality.
- This app enables your door to be controlled by Alexa. The phrase to open or close the door will differ slightly depending on whether or not you're using a sensor with the door. See the Readme file for more details.
- A maximum of 4 doors is currently supported.
- If you've been using the withdrawn copy-ninja MyQ app, this version installs as a totally separate SmartApp and associated devices from the old version. While it wouldn't break anything to have both versions installed, I'd suggest removing the old version and replacing with this.
Shout-out to @copyninja, whose original code I branched off to create this new version that essentially works the same without needing to poll MyQ for status updates.
Special thanks also to @dcabtacoma for sending me a light controller so I could test the code.
If you love this app, donations are appreciated!