Discontinuation of MyQ Connect Community SmartApp

The MyQ app has been working a while but it just stopped working again today… anyone else?

@luder888 You can more info about your situation here

2 Likes

MyQ updated some things on their end that broke all existing integrations. I’ve updated the MyQ Lite app to handle those changes, so it’s working again.

2 Likes

Thank you, with the updates you did its working back again. Appreciate your help and promptness…

Any updates on the MyQ integration? I haven’t had out my car now for over a year…

3 Likes

As others posted above, check this out (it works and replaces this smartapp):

1 Like

I am trying to decide the best garage door opener to get. I believe if I get the liftmaster 3900 it comes without MyQ (I think?). If I get the 8500 it comes with MyQ. I want to run everything within smartthings. Since I have the option to buy either - what is best?

It seems just skipping myq all together and avoiding the work arounds may be easier and better?

I had to get the MyQ option to allow ST to communicate with the door - the general off-the-rack openers do not work with the new LiftMaster’s as far as I can tell.

When is this functionality going to be readded? Samsung is spending more time lately removing things from ST than adding. Wink has this now. Not sure what the issue is here.

You may have already seen this but Chamberlain announced earlier this week that it will charge $1/month to use their integrated service via Google Home and IFTTT. http://markets.businessinsider.com/news/stocks/LiftMaster-and-Chamberlain-Integrate-with-the-Google-Assistant-and-IFTTT-1002384130

It’s an interesting experiment.

Let’s see how long this monthly charge lasts…

If adding a monthly fee for an integration succeeds… then, watch out folks; other vendors are paying attention too.

I hear that. They advertise connectivity then change how it works & start charging for it. Sets a very poor prescient. Really makes me regret getting a Chamberlin.

3 Likes

@jody.albritton,

How are we doing with the official integration? Since the Alexa integration can be restricted from any routine that would disarm the SHM, would it not be the same type of restrictions required by Chamberlain? Is this still being pursued?

Thank you in advanced for your time.

@Controlbreak I actually don’t know the answer to this question. @Tyler would know more about the status of official certification. The reasons we lack official integration with Chamberlain are not technical but business ones so even @Tyler might not have a good answer.

1 Like

Any updates on the MyQ integration?

Use the MyQ lite app…

1 Like

great! im gonna check this out

I know they charge google assistance a subscription for this :wink:
https://www.chamberlain.com/google-assistant

Remember when ST said the official integration was coming? Those were good days. lol

2 Likes

As a potential Chamberlain customer, could I just avoid the MyQ integration by Frankensteining a remote control unit? Wiring up a pair z-wave dry contact relays across the switch contacts on the remote would get me up & down control. An additional magnetic door sensor along the track would tell me if its actually closed or not.