Disable some but not all Arlo Camera sensor notifications?

Hello all,

I’m new to smartthings so please forgive me if I’ve navigated to the wrong place, or if I’m asking a dumb question.

I have recently set up smartthings and integrated my camera, lights, heating, speakers etc. Everything seems fine. Hoever, my problem is:

I have numerous arlo cameras around the property. Two of these face out the front and I had the notifications turned off on Arlo for just these two cameras as they go off each time a car passes. Now that everything is integrated into Smartthings, I can’t seem to find a way to stop notifications for just those two cameras. It seems like it’s all or nothing. I can’t imagine that is the case as there are millions of scenarios where one might want to dissable a single senor and not the entire system as that wold be ridiculously basic, so I expect I’m just not working out the way to do it. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks

I’m sure that’s frustrating!

You’re going to need to be a little more specific, though: SmartThings has several different kinds of notifications, managed in different ways.

If these are notifications from the built in security feature, SmartThings Home Monutor (STHM), then here’s the FAQ for that (the topic title is a clickable link.)

If it’s some other kind of notification, it would be done a different way, if it’s possible. Can you post a screenshot of a notification?

Also, the Arlo integration was updated a few months ago, so posts in the forum that are older than December 2020 may no longer apply. :thinking: please see the following thread where you will find people currently using Arlo with SmartThings.

Thank you so much. Yes very frustrating. Yes, I’m using the SmartThings Home Monitor and still learning. The FAQ you pointed me to shows exactly what I couldn’t find myself. I’ve just made the changes and though haven’t tested it yet, that’s exactly what I wanted.

Thanks also for the other pointers. I’m sure I’ll be learning more and probably better ways to acomplish setups for my needs.

Cheers

2 Likes

It’s often been said (at least by me! LOL😄) that SmartThings is very powerful, but not very discoverable.

1 Like