I guess it could have been a coincidence with the running the new app but things were rock solid for over a year until I ran that app by mistake.
Well I got things working again, but I am not sure why it works. Repairing zwave 3 times did nothing, I was getting messages that said could not update neighbors.
First thing I did to get the gate opener working again was turn off device health. Then I was able to see open/close status on my mimolite gate opener by closing the gate with the gate remote to get it in synch with what Smartthings was seeing. Because it was open and Smartthings saw it as closed, I could not get Smartthings to do anything with it. So once in synch, Smartthings was able to control it again. I tried to turn device health back on and it still showed offline. I thought I could live with it but discovered I had lost control of my GE smartswitches.
So I force removed the GE 14292 switch in Smartthings. But I couldn’t get it to pair up again. I tried everything from the reset procedure, 3 up then 3 down that didn’t work. I couldn’t exclude it. I couldn’t pair it, I nearly gave up until I decided to kill power to the breaker for a few seconds. After that, I was able to pair the switch again.
Then I decided to turn device health. The gate opener and a few other devices showed unavailable. So I went to each device and refreshed the status and they came back online. This didn’t work before. So it seems after repairing that one GE smart switch everything is working again. Seems kind of weird but that’s what happened.
Just happy that things are working again and I’m not going to touch the new Smartthings app.