So I have been using Smartthings for about 2 years now and have just over 100 devices. I use both the newer and classic apps. Over the last several months my outlets and switches have started going unavailable. All my switched (on/off, dimmer) and outlets are GE/Jasco brand.
While they are unavailable in the app I can use the app to turn that switch/outlet on, but not off. The switch status never changes. Even weirder is that they are all still fully functional with Alexa, Google Home and WebCore.
I have tried disconnecting the power to the outlet for over an hour, tried excluding and including it to the network and messed around with settings in the Smartthings IDE. Nothing works! A couple of my outlets that went out months ago all of a sudden were working in the app again only to do the same thing a month later. I’ve even rebooted the hub many times and attempted to repair my z-wave network which never seems to do anything anyway.
So, before I go spending hundreds of more dollars buying new switches I am curious if there is a known issue and fix that I am not aware of yet or if maybe I need to get a new hub. Has anyone had the same issue I have described? If I have to replace the hub is this an easy task or will I have to start from scratch with adding my devices and rewriting all my WebCore routines?
I feel your pain. One of my bulbs became unavailable but was still controllable. Status in IDE was HUB_DISCONNECTED. I discovered that by turning off “Device Health” in the app the bulb came back in the app, although IDE status was still HUB_DISCONNECTED.
I also had all presence sensors going off-line at once and also Xiamoi contact senors as well.
I’m having EXACTLY the same issues, including newer GE zwave switches. I’m replacing mine with zigbee switches. The funny/odd thing I also experience is that as I replace these devices, more of the remaining zwave devices start going offline that never ever did before, including newer zwave fan controllers. I have 4 devices offline right now as I write this reply.
The excuse support tells me is that I have a bad device somewhere, but that’s BS in my opinion because I’ve already replaced over 40 switches throughout the house, and this problem just continues with every single remaining zwave device eventually going offline (mostly GE, but I’ve had Aeon devices go offline too).
Something changed somewhere a while back, perhaps in their attempt to prepare for S2 implementation, but we’ll never ever be told what it was. If you search around, we’re not the only ones talking about this. Submit a support ticket, even if you get useless help. At least you’ve voiced your issue.
Also, just to vent a little more, the GE zwave switches I removed that kept going offline (sometimes daily) with SmartThings have been working perfectly fine with another hub brand without any issues at another location.