Device Handler for Aqara 2 Gang Wired Wall Switch no Neutral

I think the child still has the old ‘presentation’. It should be the one in lines 10-11. It may be necessary to change the child type to something else and then back again as with the main DTH, but it shouldn’t need any reinstallation.

I don’t know how to get rid of that long unnecessary list. I have asked Smartthings Help about it and got an answer which doesn’t work in practice.

@aonghusmor and @mariusry that long list is a known bug for all button devices regardless, if it is Groovy DTH or Edge driver. According to @nayelyz SmartThings is aware of it and it is working on fixing it.
If you think that you have long list, look at mine :joy:

Yes! I had similar correspondence with @nayelz many months ago. It looks like the issue is nowhere near the top of their priority list. It is supposed to be linked to ‘supportedButtonValues’, which makes sense, but …

1 Like

I have lines 10 and 11 enabled, and also I reinstalled the device. Do you know what I can try next?

Thanks

Wow, it looks like an ancient papirus :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @mariusry & @milandjurovic71

My understanding is that that long list is linked to the so-called ‘momentary’ switch rather than to the button icon in the presentation. Smartthings considers the momentary switch as deprecated, not useful. The argument is that pressing that switch in the App simply triggers some other action, which could just as easily be triggered directly within the App. That is not the same thing as pressing the physical button, which continues to serve a useful purpose.

The recommended solution is, I believe, to remove the ‘momentary’ icon from the presentation, but leave the ‘button’. That way the ‘button’ icon signals that the physical button has been pressed, held, etc., but there is no way to press the button virtually from within the App.

I’d value your opinion as to whether the ‘momentary’ icon should be removed

Hi @aonghusmor,

I am new to this smart things hub so might be not be following that well. I have successfully added a 1 gang no neutral switch but i was not able to get or control the switch. It seems that the logging was throwing some nullpoint exception. How should i approach this?

Hi @pork94

It seems you have found a small typing error in my code. I’m very surprised this hasn’t come up before. I’ve posted an updated version (with one letter deleted). Please try that version.

Yup. It worked flawlessly now for 1, 2 and 3 gang now.
Thanks alot!

A side question hopefully you can point me in the correct direction, i got a Aqara Wireless Swtich WXKG07LM. Do you know who has the DTH for this? Can’t seems to find much details on this.

Have you checked whether that works with my code? There’s a reference to that switch in the setup code, but I’m not sure how thoroughly that’s been checked.

Oh wow i didn’t know that it was supported. Yup i have successfully added it. Thanks so much!

Hi @mariusry & @milandjurovic71,

I’ve just noticed that the issue with the ‘papyrus scroll’ may have been fixed. An example I set up yesterday seems to be behaving sensibly.

@aonghusmor Yes, it was fixed with latest app update. It was related to all buttons (remotes, and switched with button capabilities), not momentary switches.
It wasn’t only papirus issue, it was also issue with buttons storing actions.

Now works fine

I think you can make them both like the MAIN device, like a switch. Why? Because that way it will work from the app also. Maybe some users will use this switch without the DECOUPLED option, so they will get frustrated if they cannot switch On/Off the switch from the app. Also for user like me which are using the DECOUPLED feature it will still send signals for automations. The only thing I will miss is the real time status feedback, when the button are pressed, but I can leave without it. In short we should accommodate all the users after all, not only myself. So if the DECOUPLED mode works, we can settle upon a switch type of presentation. Maybe in the near feature with Samsung drivers we can do more.
Tell me when I can try again, with a new test code.
Thank you and I wish you a very Happy New Year! if we don’t speak again

Hi aonghusmor, i tried reading all of this but my knowledge on this is very poor, so i just want to know if there is a DH for aqara switch no neutral double and single rocker USA model numbers WS-USC01 WS-USC02

I try installing some DH form yourself and Johndoyle, but i cant even pair the aqara switches to the smartthings hub, i have the hub V3 from samsung.

Thanks in advance for your time.

My DH may work with these switches. There is code included which should mean the switches are recognised. However, I am more confident about the 2 button version than about the single button, which has not been seriously tested.

I am assuming that the US and EU versions, which have different hardware, behave in essentially the same way.

The latest version I posted has a ‘presentation’ with both the switch and the momentary button. It looks like Samsung have finally fixed the issues with the long list of actions. So it is possible to configure he switch (and any children seperately) in various ways, with switch, button or both, etc. It’s just a bit awkward to change between these options.

thanks for your help, can you please send me the link for the DH of the 2 button us version.

Thanks a lot!!

Hi @Ocram1345

There’s only 1 version, which is set up to detect what sort of switch it is connected to. It’s on my github site. You want both aqara-wall-switch.groovy and aqara-wall-switch-child.groovy. You may want to link your IDE to github see https://community.smartthings.com/t/faq-github-integration-how-to-add-and-update-from-repositories/39046

1 Like

Thanks for all your help, i will try what to install everything.