I know I read (I think @Ben may have posted it) that ST is looking to place the list of devices more prominently on the website. Might I suggest a step further and include an actual database of devices containing more info? Here are some ideas I have off the top of my head…
- it could include what is and is not supported on a particular device
- it could allow apps and other code to be posted and linked to it. So, when a developer or end user comes up with something that adds more functionality, it could be directly associated with it (also add the option to associate with many things since I’m guessing some code might work for multiple devices).
- allow for links to the manufacturer’s website for manuals, etc, if available
- better grouping and sorting by device type, manufacturer, compatibility level (100%, 70%, etc) with ST
- perhaps a community rating where people can post their experience with the device
- a tips (ST and community sourced) area for each device, listing things such as best placement for motion sensors and other things for each device
- a link to purchase it on Amazon (so ST can get an Amazon Associate Fee)
- list devices that don’t work (or are not officially supported) and allow users to vote on them, post code for them (if they created a way to use them), etc
- status of testing and approval with ST
I’m sure I could come up with a few more ideas, but I have had a few drinks sitting outside on this beautiful day.