Desperate help with danalock & smartthings

Hi all,

im wondering if anyone can help as im at my wits end at the moment,
ive just spent £300 on a ultion Danalock z-wave smart lock, but i just can not seem to get it working on smartthings, its supposed be fully compatible with smartthings but im loosing the will to live by trying to get it working, i want to add it to smartthings so i can use the lock away from home and also on Alexa,

Now i do what is suggested and put the lock into pairing mode and search on smartthings, when it finds it i rename it to Front door lock and add, but once its added the icon goes all greyd out and when i tap the icon it says “Cant connect to device, check device and try again”, ive tried about 100 times now and always the same thing happens, im feeling like ive wasted my money on smartthings and the door lock at present so any advice on this would very much greatly appreciated, im not the sharpest with smart stuff so please be gentle with me, thanks in advance

Hi i have danalock z-wave. As far as i can see they are basically the same lock. Remove it using the exclude function inside the app, and then go to smartthings, brands, danalock z-wave, and add it by pressing the button on the lock and entering the code for S2. Make sure when adding the lock, it must be within 1 meter from the hub. Then try again and let me know.

Hi Andremain,

Thankyou so much for the reply,
I did try this the other night where I took the smartthings hub out to the lock with ethernet from my router and held in a few inches in front of the lock while adding it, but still got the same result when it added, I will remove it using the exclude function this evening and try to re add it and I’ll get back to you with my result,
Thanks again

I tried everything I could think of in the end and bit the bullet and phoned the lock company who where great and helped me

Turns out the lock is a new version with a few bugs and settings deep inside my Samsung account that needed changing and bingo it all worked, added to alexa simply and now fully working, although I would recommend with the danalock getting the dana bridge as there is more functionality on the app with the bridge in line

Thanks all that jumped in to help me, very much appreciated

1 Like

The danalock bridge is not supported in smartthings though.

30 minutes later… I did some additional digging and found this device handler which resolved my problems. Now the lock is being discovered correctly including S2 security.

Can you share the settings you had to change to get this lock to work? I have the Danalock Z-wave as well and am having the same issues you are experiencing. I am in the process of switching over from Wink to ST and was able to pair the lock with the Aeotech v3 hub but it never prompts for the S2 code and the lock shows as “checking”. I’ve tried changing the device handler to the three different Z-Wave lock handlers listed as well as the Danalock handler and none of them work. I put in a support ticket with Danalock but apparently July and August are some kind of holiday in Danalock land and they state they won’t get back to me for weeks.

is the S2 code the same as QR code inside the lock. I have Zwave version of Danalock and it paired via QR code easily.
The distance between devices is around 2m.
before was using R-Boys handler (supports extra features)
Now I switched to default Zwave driver,

try to remove everything and repair the device

Thank you for the comment but I found a DTH for it and was able to pair the lock. It is working perfectly now. I looked at Rboy but so far I’ve been able to find community DTH without having to purchase an Rboy subscription for my devices.

Keep in mind that ST is the process of moving from Groovy Device Handlers to Edge Drivers and the Device handler you used will need to change.

1 Like

Thank you for the update I started moving from wink over to ST this week so I am new and was not aware of the pending re-architecture from groovy dth to Samsung edge. I’ve been reading through the articles you posted and it sounds like it will be a better solution since most things will be processed locally instead of the cloud. I just hope they have a transition tool, I don’t want to have to manually reinstall everything and recreate all of my automations once they start enforcing the move to edge processing.

1 Like