Danalock v3 Zigbee dropping off SmartThings

Hi all,

So a couple of weeks ago I bought the Danalock v3 (Zigbee model). It worked well at first but within a few days it stopped responding on the app.

This has happened every few days since.

I can pull the batteries and put them back in and then it instantly connects again but I’m not sure what’s going on here.

My hub is under my stairs within a metre of the lock. I do have other hubs in the same location (2 hue bridges, hive, ring alarm base station). No other zigbee or z wave devices drop off the hub though.

I’ve checked the route it takes to the hub, and most of the times I’ve checked it goes directly to the hub. One time however it went via a Zigbee Sonoff mini which is in the hallway about 1.5m away.

It’s driving me mad why it keeps dropping off, so any ideas would be much appreciated.

I’m considering trying to swap it for the z wave version.

Thanks

Phil

1 Like

Hi,
Did you get this sorted?
Mine is doing the same thing.
Thanks,
John.

Hi John,

Unfortunately i had to contact the company and sent back the zigbee version. They sent me the z-wave version and that has been perfect since for staying connected.

There are downsides to this lock. For some reason my lock does not exactly remember where the lock position is so sometimes thinks its locked, but actually hasnt quite made it past the point. I turned on end to end to combat this and it does the job.

Ive also not been able to get auto unlock work well.

Phil

Hi Phil,

Digging up an old thread here! Curious what issues you’re having with Auto unlock, seems to be a common complaint amongst Danalock users. I know Danalock are blaming Android 12s aggressive battery management but I think there’s more going on here.

I had auto unlock working flawlessly for the last 2 weeks but then I stopped getting leaving/entering auto unlock notifications and it would never unlock beyond this. Reinstalling the app helped things for a day or so before back to square one. My partner on the other hand, she still gets the notifications but the door will never unlock for her.

Danalock support were brilliant… At least to begin with! I’m in their app beta program and I’ve been sending detailed logs that are part of the beta app but they’ve went quiet all of a sudden. I’m hoping they’re taking their time going through the logs and are going to come to me with a solution.

I also have issues with zigbee dropping off although it’s rare for it to happen and a quick battery pull sorts the issue.

I’m at that point now where I’m wondering if I should return it and give the yale linus a try!

why do you struggle with Auto unlock feature from Danalock while you can setup a ST routine . works great for me

1 Like

Would you mind sharing your routine with me so I can test it out? A but unsure how exactly to set this up. Thanks!

i have 60 + routines and search there is bad but you should start with

this screen and change notification to unlock function

1 Like

Hi all,

I’ve not been able to sort smartthings to determine I’m coming reliably.

The auto unlock worked for a bit on the zigbee lock. On my zwave one it never had worked properly. I disabled all battery management I could but it still just wouldnt recognise i was back.

I had the linus for a bit before this. And the autounlock worked well for the week or so i had it. I just wanted a fill integrated lock and handle. The linus is obviously an afterthought.

1 Like

Hi Phil,

Thanks for the update. I’ve officially given up on my Danalock, I just can’t get it to work reliably enough. Auto unlock was working with ST but every other day zigbee keeps dropping off rendering it, useless. Thankfully Ultion have offered me a full refund despite having the lock for over 2 months. Thought I was making progress with danalock as I was signed up to their beta and I was sending them detailed logs but they started ignoring me on all platforms I was communicating to them with.

I’ve just ordered the Linus and hoping I finally get a decent solution but doesn’t sound like you’ve had a great experience.

I know danalock are blaming Android 12s aggressive battery/ram management for the issues and I suspect this may be part of the cause as a friend who ordered the danalock at the same time on ios is not having any issues.

I haven’t tried the auto unlock for a while. So maybe I should try it again.

I also found that the lock kept forgetting where the lock status was. So sometimes it thought it was locked, but actually it hadnt quite pushed past that point.

The zwave hasn’t ever dropped off though. The zigbee was weekly dropping.

The Linus was good. It worked with auto unlock consistently. But at the time I didnt have a handle on my multipoint - and the Linus didn’t have the strength to unlock the door’s latch. So i got rid of that. Then got a handle put on the door rather than just thumb lock and got the ultion (which I think is UK only). I dont really like the look of the Linus sticking on top of a normal multipoint handle - but depending on your location and preference that might be all good!

Oh and yeah i suspect android battery management is kinda getting on the way.

1 Like