As of July 29, 2018, this release has been superceded by release 1.6.00
Version 1.5.00 Released June 8, 2018
I am pleased to announce the general availability of version 1.5.00 of my Free Ecobee Suite.
While this is not a massive update, it does include some interesting new bits, mostly driven by user feedback and request. Most importantly, you can install this release directly on top of your existing release (note that there is 1 new file in this update - ecobee-suite-quiet-time.groovy).
Highlights of This Release
The most significant changes to 1.5.0 include:
- Ecobee Suite Thermostat Device Handler now implements UI/API control and display of Humidifier and Dehumidifier (if configured/attached), with a newly reorganized section for the 5 adjustable parameters (heating & cooling setpoints, circulation time, desired humidifier and dehumidifier humidity targets).
- New Ecobee Suite Quiet Time Helper will turn off fan, circulation, humidifiers, dehumidifiers, or the entire thermostat based on one (or more) switches (real or virtual). Useful to eliminate noise while watching movies, for example (at the expense of some - or all - climate control).
- Ecobee Suite Smart Circulation Helper now integrates with new Quiet Time Helper so that circulation time isn’t adjusted if any of the Quiet Time switches is enabled.
- Ecobee Suite Smart Mode Helper now supports mode changes based on internal temperatures as well
- Ecobee Suite Smart Zones Helper now supports ‘sharing’ of heating/cooling from the Master Zone (thermostat) to one or more Slave Zones when the Slave Zone’s temperature is above/below the appropriate heating/cooling setpoint.
As always, the latest code, documentation and installation instructions can be found here:
Please provide bug reports, feedback, questions, requests, and even complaints here on this thread…
||Fixed HVACoff() function - wasn’t turning HVAC off|
||Fixed qtOn crash in setup|
||Fixed crash in initialization code|