[DEPRECATED] Free Ecobee Suite, Version 1.2.*

Android, huh… I won’t be able to do Android testing again for a few days.

Meanwhile:

The temperature displayed at the bottom of the main tile is supposed to say “Heating AT 66” when it’s idle, and “Heating TO 67” when it is heating. Looks like SmartThings may have broken this tile again - it’s been a bear to get them to keep it working the same as the iOS one.

The sliders are supposed to pop you to a full-screen adjuster - if not, maybe another Android issue.

I’ll need to get my Android device to check on the buttons changing temps…not till next week, sorry.

Ok just making sure, thanks Barry, makes sense

The temperature at the bottom of the main window makes more sense now, thanks.

The sliders do open a pop up with a full screen vertical slider. I just saw someone else’s screenshot where the sliders were on the main screen. Must have been an iOS screenshot. No biggie.

They were just things I noticed. I don’t manually change the temperature very often since my automations work pretty well. When I do, I’m probably more likely to use Google Assistant or do it the Ecobee app.

Thanks for all your work. Yesterday I was pretty giddy when a new Webcore piston used a custom comfort setting.

Seems like turning on switches after thermostat turns on isn’t working anymore

Tell me more…I haven’t posted any updates in more than 2 weeks. Give me a little detail about what’s (not) happening, please…

Hi Barry,

Just tried to use a "good night"routine by smartthings, nothing really special.

thanks!

thank you! actually it resumes but for the temperature that was set for this time in Ecobee (scheduled programs) - not the previous program (set by smartthings).

Barry, I too am seeing the one degree cooler than the thermostat is set at. Yeah, I’m on Android too.

Ecobee is set for 63, but SmartThings is showing Heating to 62.

Screenshot_20171211-101250

1. Android bug - this should be saying “Heating AT 62”. Would be great if people could report this bug in the Thermostat MultiTile - the more voices, the more likely ST is to fix the bug (again).

2. When the device is idle (purple background), my Thermostat DTH shows the actual temperature at which the thermostat will call for heat (or cool). While heating or cooling, it will show the temperature that it is heating TO - “Heating to 63” / “Cooling to 74”.

The Heat/Cool AT temperature is the temperature you set as the target setpoint, [minus the heat/plus the cool] temperature differential that you have configured on the thermostat itself (Settings > Installation Settings > Thresholds > Heat Differential Temperature or Cool Differential Temperature). Since you are displaying 0 decimal places in the DTH, the AT temperature is then mathematically rounded (e.g. 62.5 displays as 63).

#2 above is also explained in the documentation, and this is at least the 2nd time I’ve explained it in this thread.

1 Like

Now that I understand what is happening, I did change the heating delta on my Ecobee yesterday.

My search skills failed me in finding this. Thank you for explaining it to us again. This really is a great integration and is far superior to the official method from Ecobee.

Sorry - didn’t mean to make it sound like a reprimand - my bad. My intention is to cheerfully help anyone interested in using my (free) Ecobee Suite.

Perhaps I need to add an FAQ to the documentation in my Github repository for this Suite.

That might help. Though I’m almost positive that I’ll forget at some point and have to search again. However next time I’ll have it in my bookmarks staring me in the face.

It just threw me off because the Action Tiles tile just displays the temp that is at the bottom of the main tile in SmartThings. Before I changed my delta the rounding meant that it always displayed the set temperature. But now that my delta is 1.5 degrees the rounding shows a temp that is 1 less than the set temp.

Maybe send a note to the ActionTiles folks that they really should follow the standard of the (iOS) Thermostat MultiTile (“at” when idle, “to” when heating/cooling). I’m not an ActionTiles user, so my voice carries less weight than yours.

Linking in @625alex in any case :wink:

I didn’t get what the issue is…

ActionTiles displays the thermostat setpoint (rounded to the nearest 0.5 degrees) as the primary value. The current temperature is displayed in the subheader. You can update the tile preferences to change the setpoint by 1.0 or 0.5 degrees.

Feel free to contact support or AT forum at any time.

I don’t think it’s an AT thing at all. It’s just where I first noticed it.

With a thermostat SmartThings shows the temperature at which the thermostat is set +/- the temperature differential. That is the 62 in the first image, while the Ecobee is actually set to 63.

AT is just displaying what ST gives it at the bottom of the multiAttributeTile. Since my temperature differential is 1.5 with rounding ST shows 62 instead of 63 if my temperature differential was the Ecobee default of 0.5.

So, I have figured out that it is not AT or Barry’s Ecobee Suite. It’s my own preference of wanting to just see the set temperature instead of the “Heating to/Heating at” as the set temperature.

1 Like

Yes, but most people are not aware that the SmartThings Thermostat MultiTile supports some (hidden) advanced technology - specifically, it will report “Heating to XX” while heating, and “Heating at XX” while idle (where XX is the thermostat setpoint as provided by the DTH).

Now, knowing that the MultiTile works this way, an “advanced” thermostat DTH can report two different setpoints: when idle, it can show the temperature at which a call for heat will be made. And when actually heating, it can show the temperature to which the heat is trying to reach.

If the DTH doesn’t change the setpoint value displayed by the DTH, then “Heating to XX” and “Heating at XX” will be the same, except for the words “at” and “to”. And AT assumes that the setpoint is the setpoint. But if you wanted to follow the advanced functionality implemented by the ST Thermostat Multi-tile, you would/could check whether the thermostatOperatingState is “idle”, and report “at XX”, otherwise report “to XX”.

Not a big deal, just a potential extension to AT to make it follow the Thermostat MultiAttributeTile…

Hello:

I’m having an issue where the changes in the smart app are not reflected on the Ecobee. In the Live Logging on the Smartthings IDE, I’m getting the following error:

a759e33c-5192-4450-9346-2a2b09623779 5:37:47 PM: error groovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: script_app_Ecobee__Co_680eeefb_1c75_4453_8bf2_2dc19e32dfa3_ver_0_1.pollChildren() is applicable for argument types: (java.lang.String, java.lang.Boolean) values: [318303376462, false]

Your smart app was previously working but I think I noticed issues a month or so ago, but didn’t really pay attention too closely.

I had your smart app updating through GitHub and everyone was working. I’ve now removed the smart app and installed Ecobee’s and I can control the thermostat again. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Sorry to hear you are having problems.

Unfortunately there isn’t much I can do to help if you have removed all traces of my Ecobee Suite. To debug the issue, you would have to remove whatever Ecobee support you are currently using, and then re-install my version from scratch. One possible explanation for the errors you see is an incomplete installation of my suite or perhaps the installation of the ST Ecobee support on top of my version.

My apologies. If you want to try to work through this, feel free to PM me with the version IDs of the SmartApps and DTHs once you have removed the other code and re-installed mine.

Is there a way to show if heat mode is using aux heat (furnace) vs heat (heat pump) in one of the dashboard icon of the DTH?

I notice the Thermostat shows the ‘aux’ next to the fire icon but the ecobee app only shows the fire icon. Not sure if this info is displayable/aaccessible via the ecobee API that the DTH can use.

With my suite, it should in fact show this icon when running “emergency heat” (the name that SmartThings has standardized on, as opposed to Aux Heat):

This should be the first/left most icon under the large multiAttributeTile display

If it isn’t, then please take a look at the thermostat Device in the IDE and tell me what the equipmentOperatingState (in the Current States section) is when you know that Aux Heat/Emergency Heat is running.

Also - what icon IS showing when you know it is in Aux/Emergency heat - can you send me a screen shot?