[DEPRECATED] EchoSistant Version 3.16 with Alexa Feelings

I’m glad you and the family are enjoying it… Version 4 is coming very very soon and it does some amazing things! Welcome to the EchoSistant family!

2 Likes

V4 - Teaser Alert # 4

Get things done faster, A LOT faster!

Me*: Alexa, lights off in the bedroom
Alexa: ok, turning the lights off in the Bedroom

Me*: Alexa, tell Home Good Night
Alexa: Ok, Good Night

(* good night routine fires that includes security devices - E.G. locks, which are not supported by the native integration)

Me: Alexa, close the garage door in my home
Alexa: Ok, closing the garage door

*NOTE: above examples don’t require any connecting words to the custom skill, like ‘tell/ask/use Home’

2 Likes

I went ahead and upgraded to the latest version. things seems to be working well. When I tell Echo to dim/brighten, turn down/up, raise/lower the kitchen lamp. If I say “Echo the kitchen lamp is to dark/bright” There’s ether no response or it says that command doesn’t work on kitchen lamp.
Did I miss a setting?

1 Like

Did you list all of the devices in the configuration park on the aws website.

It is listed in Custom slot types LIST_OF_DEVICES.
The command turn off kitchen lamp in one minutes works

V4 - Teaser Alert # 5

Protect what matters, when it matters

Me: Alexa arm security in 5 minutes, in my home
Alexa: Are you staying Home, or Leaving?
Me: Staying
Alexa: Ok, changing your Smart Home Monitor to Armed - Home in 5 min.

…after 5 minutes, Sonos announces that Smart Home Security has been changed to Armed (Home)

Don’t want other people opening the garage door?

Me: Alexa open the garage door
Alexa:Pin number, please
Me: 1234
Alexa: Ok, opening the garage door

Pin protection also available for: thermostats, locks, switches, security (Smart Home Monitor), individual routines and mode changes.

5 Likes

Can someone tell me where to get the url for uk use. If I log into the smartthings ide the url I get is https://g if I put that into the lambda then run the test in the service simulator it just says that the response is invalid.

Also can someone tell me the format for the variables in the voice notifications. The smartapp is telling me anytime anyone leaves the building, but what I get is a notification that dollar presence has left.

This is my Lambda code. Sorry I can’t help for your other question though:

try this…

var url= 'https://graph-eu01-euwest1.api.smartthings.com/location/+ STappID + ‘/’ ;

Thanks but just returns the same, in the lambda it says the test is a success, but in the service simulator it is The response is invalid

You have to put the port number etc as per my pic

2 Likes

Now thats wierd, the lambda is saying its failed the test, but the service simulator is working??

It is a behaviour that is on our radar to fix, but is a very low priority since it’s not affecting the functionality.

ignore the Lambda test. It does say in the Wiki to not use that as it has no functional use for our app.

wow got it working, thanks guys, this is awesome!!!. Now does anyone know the format for the variables when using the voice announcements?

Lol daughter threatening to leave home due to number of commands appearing on upstairs speakers. Now just need an app to create obedience in children.

2 Likes

V4 Teaser Alert # 6

Who needs the phone to change Smart app settings?

EchoSistant is the first app to introduce voice activated smart app settings *. @JDRoberts this one goes out to you. I wish I could help you get this installed for you.

Alexa tell Home to enable/disable the conversation. This command stops Alexa from asking follow up questions (E.G. would you like anything else?)

Alexa tell Home to enable/disable the feedback. This command mutes Alexa responses. You can still give commands, but Alexa will not provide any feedback on the actions that have been taken.

Alexa enable/disable short answers. This command enables Alexa’s short answers module (for example, regular Alexa answer is: would you like anything else?; the short answer version is: anything else?)

Alexa enable/disable the Pin Number for (thermostats, doors, locks, security, etc.) This command activates the pin number to prevent unauthorized use of voice activated commands.

ONLY for PROFILEs Control: Alexa disable/enable audio. This command cancels (mutes) the audio output on remote speakers (very useful for “quiet time” - when no notifications or messages are wanted in bedrooms, for example)

…and more :smile:

*these settings are also available in the mobile app for those who like to change settings using a phone.

3 Likes

When I run the Repeat last message test in the main intent area I get a response saying :
"The remote endpoint could not be called, or the response it returned was invalid "
What have I done wrong ??

Hey Paul, are you just installing the app now and testing in AWS for the first time?

Yeh , first time install

have you sent any messages yet?