Deleting leftover onboarding profiles?

After multiple project tracks and project-owner switches it seems like my team has leftover onboarding profiles. Currently we have 2 live projects, 1 limited to a specific developer and 1 “owned” by an organization. We can see 2 onboarding configs in the (web) developer workspace but…

• An Android phone sees 6 “device type name” (= onboarding profiles) when trying to add/register a device
  • An iPhone sees 4 “device type name” (= onboarding profiles) when trying to add/register a device.

This is why we believe there are leftover onboarding profiles. How do we delete them?

Hi, @senspix!

By this, do you mean that when you enter “my testing devices” you see 6 or 4 elements that you can select to install a device, and some of them are no longer used?

Do you mean you see two onboarding configurations when you click on “Manage device onboarding”? There you can see only the ones you’ve created using the account you’re currently using.

If you want to delete projects that you don’t own and the owner is no longer in your company, the admin of your organization in SmartThings needs to send a request to build@smartthings.com including the following information:

• Project ID - It is at the end of the browser’s URL when you enter the project. For example:
    https://smartthings.developer.samsung.com/workspace/projects/CPT-MQTT/projectID
  • Organization MNID
  • Project’s other data (see the example in the picture attached):
    1. From the Dev Workspace main page open the browser’s dev tools (F12).
    2. Open Network section (enable XHR and preserve log)
    3. Open the project
    4. In the list, find the log that has the project’s ID.
    5. Click on it and go to the “response” tab, copy the JSON into a file and share it in the email.

Linking this post as it is the same question

Hi,

Yes, this

By this, do you mean that when you enter “my testing devices” you see 6 or 4 elements that you can select to install a device, and some of them are no longer used?

is correct. But no longer used is really no longer found in any account (individual or organization).

No. We do not want to delete projects that we don’t own. As far as we know, and see in workspace, there are only 2 projects. One owned and set up by the admin of the organization and one project owned and set up by myself (member/developer in organization).

No matter what user/role is logged on in the dev workspace only 2 onboarding configs are seen. The option/button MANAGE DEVICE ONBOARDING does not expose any unused onboarding configurations. However, any and all members of our dev/test team see multiple onboarding/device name/types when entering “my testing devices” in the app interface.

As a sidenote: Android phones cannot use a QR-code to register a device, they have to enter a serial-number manually. iOS users can use a QR-code.

Please assist. Perhaps there is some way to access direct (paid) developer support?

Cheers

Got it, this is strange indeed, can you help sending me the following information to build@smartthings.com so I can issue a report of this behavior, please?

• Screen capture of the elements in “my testing devices” that shouldn’t appear there anymore (it would be really helpful if you highlight them)
  • Email accounts where you see this error

In the meantime, I’ll discuss this situation with the engineering team, in case I need more information, I will let you know in the email thread.

I’ve sent an email to build@… that hopefully illustrates the issue.