Recall from my earlier post that an incorrect activation was occurring at 1:15 PM. Earlier this morning, before setting up and running my testcases, I started by deleting the devices. After doing so, I verified that the ST app displayed no devices and no automations. I then added the two window shade devices back and set up and ran my tests described above.
Well, it is now 1:23 PM and I just checked the ST app’s history to see if the invisible 1:15 PM automation activated again. Sigh - it did. Even though it activated, at least it didn’t cause any device action, as seen by a lack of such entries in history.
Although that invisible automation now does not cause any device activity, it does leave annoying activation messages in history (yeah, I’m particular that way ).
I really want to avoid resetting my ST hub to factory settings to scrub it, but I also want those annoying activations to go away. I tried one more thing to see if I can get rid of the hidden activations, as follows:
I repeated my above testcase, identical to the automation screen shot from earlier in this post, but the new testcase was set up before 1:30 PM, and was to first create it to activate at 1:35 PM, and then edited to activate at 1:32 PM. I then went into “Automations”, “Delete”, and then instead of deleting selected automations, I clicked “all”.
After 5 minutes or so, 1:32 PM arrived and no activations; so far, so good. Then the critical 1:35 PM rolled around and (oh joy!), no activation occurred. I still need to see whether that pesky 1:15 PM automation activates tomorrow before this can be called a success, but I’m hopeful. I’ll post on that tomorrow.